Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You mean three of those players (Tavares, Marner and Matthews) who have played 4 games each and have produced less than Brad Marchand single handedly?

Doesn’t Brad Marchand have 1 even-strength point this series? He's been lighting it up on the PP when the Leafs can’t protect a weak Samsonov because they’re shorthanded.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Does Boston not spend to the cap? Boston would have to lose other players if they wanted to fit more players under the cap.

In return for Pastrnak not having Nylander or Matthews. He gets to shoot at Samsonov.

Swayman gets payed less than Samsonov

Reactions: dukeofjive

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That seems disrespectful to the playoff success of Thornton and Marleau.

Yeah, on second thought, Matthews and Marner's best achievement in the playoffs thus far is getting gentleman's swept in the 2nd round - Thornton and Marleau at least reached multiple conference finals and a Stanley Cup Final

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Doesn’t Brad Marchand have 1 even-strength point this series? He's been lighting it up on the PP when the Leafs can’t protect a weak Samsonov because they’re shorthanded.
No idea. By the way, I live in Toronto and they're my second favourite team. Why is Samsonov being mentioned here? The leafs scored 1 goal game 1, 2 goals game 3 and 1 goal game 4. Look at practically every single playoff game. You want to win? Score 3-4 goals.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No idea. By the way, I live in Toronto and they're my second favourite team. Why is Samsonov being mentioned here? The leafs scored 1 goal game 1, 2 goals game 3 and 1 goal game 4. Look at practically every single playoff game. You want to win? Score 3-4 goals.

Because he lets in weak goals. Last game Leafs up 1-0, he lets in a bantam goal. Leafs tie the game 2-2, he lets in the next shot with 60% of the net open.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Leafs aren't generating that many scoring chances either . Not like Swayman has to stand on his head
Thought I read their high danger chances were dropping each game entering last nights game. Be interesting to see what they had last night. Bruins D and team structure definitely contributing to that.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Habs went to the finale in 2021 : the Leafs didn't.

And yeah, it was Covid Cup. Covid Cup for everyone, including the Leafs, and yet they shit the bed.

Matthews is a generational talent for sure, but the rest ? This team is a joke. I'll take the Habs, now and for the future, before Tavares-Nylander-Marner for 32M$.

Good for you. You’re wrong

• Haha
Reactions: CapSpace

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Eh, that’s kinda a wuss move though. Who really knows without being there, but RoR seemed the same to me in Buffalo. And like- if you’re really a winner that doesn’t happen on one team, never mind two. Idk, I just view STL as the outlier, and he gets projected as the leader when maybe it was a team thing, timing, whatever. Or he was a good leader there and for whatever reason just didn’t lead in Toronto or Buffalo, but point is that’s on him to some degree. You don’t just give up because you dislike the other talent’s compete level, that is the problem in a nutshell.

Anyways, Messier same boat, for the record. Leaders lead, it’s not a locational thing.
O'Reilly was brought in to be a support player in Toronto, that team still belonged to Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Rielly, and Nylander. I don't think he can just step in at the trade deadline and immediately take over as the main voice in the room.

It always comes back to your top players. If they don't have the right mindset, then nothing will ever happen.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Are Leafs fans overall annoyed with Marner?

And do each of the players you listed above have NMC?

I feel like it hasn't been goaltending this series, maybe defense? But they only scored 1 goal, so that's gotta be on that potent offense not producing.

I said in this thread before, and said it during the season, I felt like the additions of Bertuzzi and Domi with an already pretty stacked roster would pay dividends for them. Felt like the team was relatively complete, but something is off. Like you said, guys not showing up. You can't think guys of the caliber the Leafs have with the pressure wouldn't show up, and it's not like this is their first playoff run, these guys have playoff experience.

Secondary scorers feed off the energy of the star players , when they see Matthew's, Marner, Nylander duck plays to avoid hits what message is that sending to the rest of the team?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
You're missing the point

I’m not missing the point. Down 3-1 in this series, to this bruins team, is pathetic

But the Habs and sens are pathetic without even a hope of the playoffs. Let’s not get crazy here, you can’t pull out Habs and sens and come even close to comparing their failures with the leafs.

And this game 4 was P A T H E T I C

But the habs and especially the sens entire seasons were … not even NHL team worthy

So that Marner-Babcock thing... Maybe Babcock was right... lol

100%. Babcock was right

Bring in Quennville

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Man seems like another year added to the drought! Will they ever figure it out?!?!

I'm sure Dubas is at fault here and for the next 10 years.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Which games would they have needed just “average” goaltending?

They’ve scored, 1,3, 2, 1.

The “average” is not less than 2 big guy, it’s not 1998 anymore.

You know what they could really use? Average scoring. Average scoring would really help them.
Swayman has been unreal. If they get that Sway from here on out...Boston could make it interesting until maybe the finals.

He's been absolutely ah-mazing in net

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Im saying everyone was very vocal about this. You didn't need a video of"drunk kids"to capture it.
First, I was replying to the “we want Florida!” chant. Literally. That chant in MLS after Game 6. You know, by a bunch of kids.

Second, why wouldn’t most fans have preferred Florida over Boston last year? Boston had the best record of all time.

Would the Canes prefer the Rangers or Washington in round 2? Florida was the 8 seed last year. Of course most Leaf fans preferred them over Boston before the series started.:huh:

I get you don’t like the Leafs, but you look foolish right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad