GDT: Game #50 | St. Louis Blues vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | 7PM CST | FSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If we had Berglund or Lehterä I'd be 10x more confident. I've really soured on Lindström. But this will be a high paced game...hopefully he has a semi good game

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Luckily Nashville also faces a tough opponent tonight too. The 9-2 result the last time they played the Leafs is obviously a fluke

lol i wouldn't be to sure about that..... Toronto's practically falling apart

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey guys good luck tonight. This should be a lot of fun. A high scoring team meets the disciplined brick wall in their own house. This is easily the best challenge we've had since the Bruins game. That's not to diss the Wings (who we just played) either but that one was at home where we've won 10 in a row.

The Blues are the perfect test to see what we are made of. Knock back a couple brews and cheers to a great game tonight. I'm expecting a physical matchup.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
dat 3rd line tho

LOL.

I see Bouwmeester having a huge game tonight, landing a couple dimes through the middle that result in breakaways that the pass recipient is unable to cash in, then he hits a couple of posts late in the game. The game depends on whether or not any of those find the net:naughty:

danglzzz

Mar 2, 2011
LOL.

I see Bouwmeester having a huge game tonight, landing a couple dimes through the middle that result in breakaways that the pass recipient is unable to cash in, then he hits a couple of posts late in the game. The game depends on whether or not any of those find the net:naughty:

He'll probably lay some huge hits too. Maybe drop the mitts once or twice.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Hey guys good luck tonight. This should be a lot of fun. A high scoring team meets the disciplined brick wall in their own house. This is easily the best challenge we've had since the Bruins game. That's not to diss the Wings (who we just played) either but that one was at home where we've won 10 in a row.

The Blues are the perfect test to see what we are made of. Knock back a couple brews and cheers to a great game tonight. I'm expecting a physical matchup.

You must have missed the Blues recent injury woes. At least Backes should be well rested.

The 3rd line is sketchy and there is no good way to replace Shattenkirk's contributions. I don't have high expectations from the Blues tonight.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Meh we are pretty short handed right now and I'm expecting a loss. But either way should be a good game

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
don't count them out. Leafs are known for having so-so starts but catching fire down the home stretch
That explains their plethora of deep playoff runs and Stanley Cup victories in the post original six era right there.

Well that and the media and fans' enormous patience during their rebuilding years.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
Forgot Tim Peel will be the ref tonight… :facepalm:

NOOOO!
There was a post with him on the NBC Sports facebook page a while back. It had Tarasenko on the ice reaching for the puck with another player skating by. The post said to make a quote. I said Tim Peel is like "Tripping number 91, 2 minutes."
He reminds me of that other ref who was/is annoying. I don't know if he retired. He had greyish hair and was kind of chubby. Made terrible calls.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Looking forward to see the 4th line spread their wings again tonight.

Hope to see something good from the the 3rd line and hope they see more than 2 shifts/period.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
It occurs to me the NHL may be trying to rid themselves of Tim Peel. Why else would they send him to St. Louis to referee a game right after suspending him for drinking?

This thought occurred to me after I saw a tweet regarding the Lightning dads all taking in the brewery tour before the game.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I mean...The lowest levels of our beloved sport are named after beer. I'm not sure how the NHL expects anything different from a referee.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It occurs to me the NHL may be trying to rid themselves of Tim Peel. Why else would they send him to St. Louis to referee a game right after suspending him for drinking?

This thought occurred to me after I saw a tweet regarding the Lightning dads all taking in the brewery tour before the game.

theory is shaky at best. If they really wanted to nab him, they'd have sent him to Denver to do an Avs game

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I mean...The lowest levels of our beloved sport are named after beer. I'm not sure how the NHL expects anything different from a referee.

Indeed, and the lowest levels of our refereeing seem to really like beer and likely wouldn't make any worse calls after imbibing in a case or two.

Which does make you wonder how the NHL figured out the drinking thing with him. Couldn't be degraded performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad