GDT: Game #50 | St. Louis Blues vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | 7PM CST | FSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
I'm expecting a close loss tonight. Think the Blues will give them a good game, but Tampa is not the team you want to face with a depleted lineup.

Also expecting the inevitable "we should have kept Bishop" meltdown afterwards.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm expecting a close loss tonight. Think the Blues will give them a good game, but Tampa is not the team you want to face with a depleted lineup.

Yeah probably. That'll happen until Vannelli becomes something

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
On the bright side, at least most of the new guys and lines got to have some in game experience against the capitals.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Don't like our chance with ol' Timmy Peel on the call, but tonight will be a big time test to see if we can win with our top 6 and 3 dman? Elliott is going to have to be a beast to give us a chance tonight.

Going with a 3-2 ot shootout win!

TheSilverSkeeter

Sponsor
Oct 27, 2011
STL
Tampa may not be the best team to gauge it against since they don't commit a lot of penalties, but I'm interested to see how well the power play functions without Shattenkirk as well as how teams may play a little more reckless against the Blues if the power play declines significantly.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I hope this one stays close deep into the 3rd. Tampa Bay will feast on our 2-goal-lead shell game. They're lethal down low. I'm less concerned playing catch up against them than I am holding the lead and losing momentum (as much sense as that makes).

Need Vladdy to get engaged early. Need to take advantage of their 4th line when it's on the ice.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think Tim Peel's effect on the game is being overstated

He makes more mistakes than the average NHL ref, not by a huge amount, but certainly noticeable. The bigger problem he has is that a lot of his mistakes are spectacularly bad calls.

Pity the fact he lives in St. Louis doesn't mean he can't officiate Blues games.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think we're looking at a high scoring game tonight. I'll say 5-4 Blues in OT.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
He makes more mistakes than the average NHL ref, not by a huge amount, but certainly noticeable. The bigger problem he has is that a lot of his mistakes are spectacularly bad calls.

Pity the fact he lives in St. Louis doesn't mean he can't officiate Blues games.

It's no doubt that he is one of if not the worst ref in the NHL, I'm just not a big fan of ref-blaming. If a bad call can sway the game against you, you probably aren't playing a great game in the first place. There are exceptions obviously (Backes major penalty on Kent Huskins comes to mind).

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com

Bishop has been very inconsistent this season. I am blaming the Lightning weak D corps and losing Carle isn't going to help that.

I expect a weak Bishop tonight and with the injury issues on both teams, I trust our playing style structure over Tampa's.

Blues win; it will be close but it won't be pretty.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd love to see this Cup matchup, as Tampa is the team I'll probably root for in the East. Great roster, just stacked with young talent.

Will be a tough game tonight, especially missing a few key pieces. I'd be happy with a point to be honest but it should be a good one.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues have plenty of talent to win this game, but it sucks missing Shatty, Bergs and Lehtera.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Luckily Nashville also faces a tough opponent tonight too. The 9-2 result the last time they played the Leafs is obviously a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad