GDT: Game #50 | St. Louis Blues vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | 7PM CST | FSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
god as if it wasn't bad enough that their team was exciting and likable, but now all their fans are extremely bearable if not downright friendly? Are you even trying, TB?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Come in here and talk about how big a bully Backes is! C'mon Lightning fans, get with the program! :sarcasm:

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
I love Tarasenko interviews.

He's such a genuine, good human being. Love the interviews too.

Love for the game is contagious, and you could tell he'd play for free. He might get a statue one of these days.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
If Tarasenko wasn't such a nice guy, I'm pretty sure he could have broken Backes in half if it would have escalated to that point. He's deceptively enormous.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Ellsy was incredible tonight! Schwartzy was too. What a beastly game to gut through!

Vladimirsy with the old high hoister into the top corner!

"Probably some beers were drunk"

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He's such a genuine, good human being. Love the interviews too.

Love for the game is contagious, and you could tell he'd play for free. He might get a statue one of these days.

This sums it up so well...

I just want to give him a hug lol

RastaBlues

Dec 19, 2014
This sums it up so well...

I just want to give him a hug lol

And why wouldn't you!?

Seriously, I feel the same way. This kid is special, been saying it for years.

Helluva game, helluva win. We didn't deserve it, but I'll take it!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well....11-0-1 and we're still trailing Nashville LOL...... but separation on the Hawks thanks to the wild...

How about that Dubnyk

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Schwartz and Tarasenko putting on a show for the gutsy win? Blackhawks and Kings getting shutout? Buffalo breaking the losing streak to get winning out of their system for thursdays game? This is a great night.

Should also be noted that Kings and Wild are now tied in the standings with Wild having the ROW tiebraker, another nail in the coffin for the kings!

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
woahhh there guy! St. Louis is in the midwest, not south. and we do pretty fine for a small market team

St. Louis is much more an Eastern city than either southern or even midwestern city. I have lived in Missouri, the South, Alaska, and now Texas. KC and Oklahoma City are midwestern cities. Atlanta is a southern city. St. Louis has more in common with North and East cities than South or true midwest cities.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
My wife usually casually hangs out while I watch the games, reading on her Kindle or something. She looks up periodically and watches highlights I point out.

More than once lately, but again tonight, she has said, "The Blues seem different this year. When they get behind, it still feels like they can come back and win. They're never out of the game."

I find it interesting that such a casual observer can feel the difference in the team.

Great game by Elliott.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
St. Louis is much more an Eastern city than either southern or even midwestern city. I have lived in Missouri, the South, Alaska, and now Texas. KC and Oklahoma City are midwestern cities. Atlanta is a southern city. St. Louis has more in common with North and East cities than South or true midwest cities.

I've lived in St. Louis and Boston (suburbs) and I gotta say this is pretty inaccurate. STL is midwestern through and through

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
My wife usually casually hangs out while I watch the games, reading on her Kindle or something. She looks up periodically and watches highlights I point out.

More than once lately, but again tonight, she has said, "The Blues seem different this year. When they get behind, it still feels like they can come back and win. They're never out of the game."

I find it interesting that such a casual observer can feel the difference in the team.

Great game by Elliott.

That just means she's a keeper. I'm still working on connecting the words "fetch" and "samich" with mine. :sarcasm:

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I've lived in St. Louis and Boston (suburbs) and I gotta say this is pretty inaccurate. STL is midwestern through and through

St. Louis is a transition city. I have seen a lot of southern and midwestern cities. Have visited but never lived in big northeastern cities, but St. Louis has always seemed more like big cities in the East than the cities in other Midwest areas and southern cities that I have seen. Same political machines and establishments as other cities in the east. Seeing that you live in St. Charles, I will agree that the suburbs of St. Louis are pretty representative of the Midwest.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Don't remember a game in which the Blues were actually out played. Down a few players and played 4 games in 6 days can't help either. Wasn't one of their better games. Thank Elliott for the 2 points. Great goal by Schwartz too.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

In what ways? To me, St. Louis is a typical Midwestern city. It shares a lot in common with Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Cleveland, and even Detroit and Chicago.

Are you saying that St. Louis is more like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington D.C. than it is like like Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If Tarasenko wasn't such a nice guy, I'm pretty sure he could have broken Backes in half if it would have escalated to that point. He's deceptively enormous.
It's not really a complaint, but I'd like to see Tarasenko use his strength more and truck guys sometimes. He has the ability to do it, it's just extremely rare. But that could help open up even more space for himself. And would just be fun to watch.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
But yeah a STL vs Tampa finals would be great. Big markets would probably complain but screw them. So much young talent would be showcased. I like Tampa's roster a lot and it was nice to see our young guys come through for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad