GDT: Game 50 | Bruins vs. Kings, 7PM, NESN, NHLN-US, SN, TVA, 98.5

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Nolan, Clifford and mcNabb hit all night, and only Campbell stood up...really disappointed, but maybe they felt they couldn't afford an instigator.

Problem with the bruins is your toughness is tied up in ur fiRST line LW, first defenseman and now ur 4th defenseman.

The regher hit should have had an immediate response however, dirty.

Having a guy like Brandon Mashinter instead of Caron as a 13th forward would make too much sense...

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The Bruins had 32 hits last night. The Kings had only three more. Since the trailing team usually has significantly more hits, you could say they were pretty much even. It certainly appeared that way. Both teams were dishing them out.

Perhaps in number (which tends to be skewed to home team anyways), but Kings certainly felt like the heavier team, which they are. B's aren't as physical as we've been used to the past few years, could use some extra lbs in the bottom half of the forward group IMO. Not plugs, but guys like Clifford and King who can be effective hockey players while being physically imposing.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Perhaps in number (which tends to be skewed to home team anyways), but Kings certainly felt like the heavier team, which they are. B's aren't as physical as we've been used to the past few years, could use some extra lbs in the bottom half of the forward group IMO. Not plugs, but guys like Clifford and King who can be effective hockey players while being physically imposing.

Man, do I ever agree with you on this.
The Bruins game against LA was very entertaining and with many hits involved on both sides.
However the LA hits seemed much heavier and more bruising than the ones the Bruins put on LA.
I really believe in a 7 game series, LA would drain the Bruins down because the forwards we have aside from Looch would not be able to sustain the type of heavy hits from our forwards.
There are a few other teams in the league that are heavy structured all around in the likes of LA and a mix of both speed and heaviness is what this team would really benefit the most of if they can just get the additions necessary to make it become as such.

An example would be to acquire two more heavier type players for the line combos on the 3rd and 4th.
If possible acquire players that can be physically imposing while at the same time smart and practical.
I know it will be difficult to do so but good examples of such players are Kassian and Stewart that have been rumored to be out there if the price is right but I am not closed minded to them solely.

Nevertheless, this team the way it is constructed right now would benefit from players such as the ones I mentioned here above.
It would help the lines to structure out in a way that there would be a good heavy balance through out our four lines up front eliminating some of the pressure that is on Lucic being the main heavy hitter up front.

However, keeping everything in perspective, I still think that our D is in deep need of a Top 4 D man which is a bigger priority at this moment.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Man, do I ever agree with you on this.
The Bruins game against LA was very entertaining and with many hits involved on both sides.
However the LA hits seemed much heavier and more bruising than the ones the Bruins put on LA.
I really believe in a 7 game series, LA would drain the Bruins down because the forwards we have aside from Looch would not be able to sustain the type of heavy hits from our forwards.
There are a few other teams in the league that are heavy structured all around in the likes of LA and a mix of both speed and heaviness is what this team would really benefit the most of if they can just get the additions necessary to make it become as such.

An example would be to acquire two more heavier type players for the line combos on the 3rd and 4th.
If possible acquire players that can be physically imposing while at the same time smart and practical.
I know it will be difficult to do so but good examples of such players are Kassian and Stewart that have been rumored to be out there if the price is right but I am not closed minded to them solely.

Nevertheless, this team the way it is constructed right now would benefit from players such as the ones I mentioned here above.
It would help the lines to structure out in a way that there would be a good heavy balance through out our four lines up front eliminating some of the pressure that is on Lucic being the main heavy hitter up front.

However, keeping everything in perspective, I still think that our D is in deep need of a Top 4 D man which is a bigger priority at this moment.

For once in a 7 game series vs St Louis, Anaheim, or LA we would be the team worn down by the end. First time in years I sadly think that.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I hate this argument.

Caron brings a whopping 2 goals in his last 58 games, and nothing else... like literally nothing else.

Wouldn't it be better to replace Caron (who does nothing) with someone who could do something, rather than someone who does less than nothing?

Kvartalnov_Fan

Stanley Cup Stupid!
Oct 18, 2002
Den of evil.Montreal
Visit site
Wouldn't it be better to replace Caron (who does nothing) with someone who could do something, rather than someone who does less than nothing?

this is an argument you'll never win. Some people still live in the olde timey era of hockey where a team had to carry a goon.

Fortunately, the league no longer works like that.

Why is it that when the B's get out-hit in a game, people's response is essentially: We need to get less talent on this team. instead, we need more goons so that we can hit people!!!!

Good luck with that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Caron has been a useful fill in on the 4th line this year when needed . I think we should be able to leave him alone for now.

While I really want thisnteam to move on from Caron, Caron is not the problem and upgrading our 13th forward isn't going to do crap to make the team better or fill the giant hole in our defense's second pairing or the hole in the top 6 RW position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad