GDT: Game 50 | Bruins vs. Kings, 7PM, NESN, NHLN-US, SN, TVA, 98.5

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not thrilled about watching Loui, yet again on the ice from a "check" where the numbers and name on the jersey clearly visible but the game itself was well played and the result....nice

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Glad to see Kelly get the #1 star. Very well deserved. That line was great again.

Hope Loui is ok.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bergeron turned toward the bench presumably to get a trainer out onto the ice..

Let's not try and paint it like something it's not.. sheesh

I'm not worried about Bergy not jumping a guy. Chara was right there, I love him and am glad he defended Krejci earlier against Clifford... but I can't believe HE did nothing. He is Chara.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
At the game Kelly was named #1 star. It doesn't matter really but some people seem to have a real problem with it for some reason

Kelly played a great game. Although, that goal was the equivalent of a tertiary assist in that it was going in with or without his 'deflection'. ;)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I'm not worried about Bergy not jumping a guy. Chara was right there, I love him and am glad he defended Krejci earlier against Clifford... but I can't believe HE did nothing. He is Chara.

Team is soft. Would love if this team claimed Big Mac. After the big hit put his line out and have him go with Clifford or King. Or just have Big Mac go out and check people.

But no this team doesnt NEED that they have Campbell, Caron, Paille....etc.........

Miller or McQuaid should have thrown down last night

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Team is soft. Would love if this team claimed Big Mac. After the big hit put his line out and have him go with Clifford or King. Or just have Big Mac go out and check people.

But no this team doesnt NEED that they have Campbell, Caron, Paille....etc.........

Miller or McQuaid should have thrown down last night

It has already been noted that Miller is playing with a shoulder that will need surgery after the season.

And why should either team have "thrown down"? You're obligated to fight a team that hits hard? It's hockey - you're SUPPOSED to hit hard.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It has already been noted that Miller is playing with a shoulder that will need surgery after the season.

And why should either team have "thrown down"? You're obligated to fight a team that hits hard? It's hockey - you're SUPPOSED to hit hard.

If this is in reference to Regehr, it appeared to me (and I admit I haven't had a GOOD look at it) like he drove Loui Eriksson's head into the glass.

It's not out of line to want to see a guy tuned up after **** like that.

Hard hitting, sure. It's part of the game and not something you should have to answer for.

Going after the head of a player (especially one with a concussion history who isn't exactly an aggressor) is a different story though.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

It's possible he simply didn't see what happened to Loui? If something like that happens unintentionally, for instance, it'd be pretty stupid for someone like Chara to come in swinging just because a player is down. Then he gets suspended or penalized for no reason.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
So is the NHL reviewing the hit or is that something they only do if a player like Lucic is the one throwing it?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If this is in reference to Regehr, it appeared to me (and I admit I haven't had a GOOD look at it) like he drove Loui Eriksson's head into the glass.

Hard hitting, sure. It's part of the game and not something you should have to answer for.

Going after the head of a player (especially one with a concussion history who isn't exactly an aggressor) is a different story though.

No, I agree totally that the Regher hit was dirty. But the OP's comment about McQuaid and Miller and the Bruins being soft (after one of the hardest-hitting games of the year, yet) appeared to be referencing the entire game.

And HumBucker makes a good point - we don't know what anyone sees on the ice. We have cameras and replay; the players have a focused view, and things happen in a split second. That's why sometimes you see players fight after a clean hit; from their angle, it looked dirty. (Ference once said that after he'd gotten in a fight - he thought Recchi had taken a head shot, but he hadn't.)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Nolan, Clifford and mcNabb hit all night, and only Campbell stood up...really disappointed, but maybe they felt they couldn't afford an instigator.

Problem with the bruins is your toughness is tied up in ur fiRST line LW, first defenseman and now ur 4th defenseman.

The regher hit should have had an immediate response however, dirty.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nolan, Clifford and mcNabb hit all night, and only Campbell stood up...really disappointed, but maybe they felt they couldn't afford an instigator.

Problem with the bruins is your toughness is tied up in ur fiRST line LW, first defenseman and now ur 4th defenseman.

The Bruins had 32 hits last night. The Kings had only three more. Since the trailing team usually has significantly more hits, you could say they were pretty much even. It certainly appeared that way. Both teams were dishing them out.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Co-signed.

No reason for the Bruins to take that kind of crap. Regehr should have been laid out after that hit.

Cleanly, of course. ;)

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Yep. Nothing wrong with hitting, that's the way hockey should be played. Very entertaining game, would love a Boston/LA final although only half of each roster would be alive by the end of it.

But this was a game I thought this team just felt small. As much as I say I would love that finals I think we would really have a hard time handling it over a best of 7. Aside from the hit on Loui I thought the Bruins handled the physicality the right way and the best they could. I thought we threw some great hits but guys like Krejci were taking an absolute beating, Smith and Pasta were getting their fair share too. There really wasn't anything we could do about it.

A big credit to our guys goes to the fact no one backed down but it felt like our 1st line was seriously outmuscled, with the exception of Lucic. I wanted to get Smith off the 1st but there was no one to replace him with that could have handled it better. Maybe Loui but we all know what happened to him either way. That hit absolutely should have been responded to.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Kelly played a great game. Although, that goal was the equivalent of a tertiary assist in that it was going in with or without his 'deflection'. ;)

Who ever named the stars is not looking at the play the same way you are.

I have seen hat-tricks not have much of an impact in the result of games.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I was hoping there would be some kind of update on Loui (guess we have to wait til tomorrow's practice) but assume the NHL will do something-it's really hard to see how that doesn't merit at least a hearing and fine.

Kings don't play til Tuesday so I guess the NHL is taking its time.

I think the team is coming together but still think they are short a top 4 Dman and a top 6 forward (maybe 2 for a while depending on Loui's injury). I like the current lines but still think Krejci needs a top 6 forward on his wing. Smith is okay but I think it's asking him to do more than his talent (I still think Smith is more of a third/second line kind of player not a first line).

Pasta had some real nice moves-his youth shows at times but his hockey skills show as well. He has some very Krejci like passing abilities.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I was hoping there would be some kind of update on Loui (guess we have to wait til tomorrow's practice) but assume the NHL will do something-it's really hard to see how that doesn't merit at least a hearing and fine.

I think the team is coming together but still think they are short a top 4 Dman and a top 6 forward (maybe 2 for a while depending on Loui's injury). I like the current lines but still think Krejci needs a top 6 forward on his wing. Smith is okay but I think it's asking him to do more than his talent (I still think Smith is more of a third/second line kind of player not a first line).

Pasta had some real nice moves-his youth shows at times but his hockey skills show as well. He has some very Krejci like passing abilities.

The kid stays in the picture ,I mean lineup.;)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

An upgrade would be nice but I think the lines can succeed as they are.If I had to prioritize a need it would be a top 4 D. The addition of Pasta has made a huge difference not so much in terms of his individual contributions but giving the team the ability to slot players in ideal situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad