GDT: GAME #50 BRUINS at Pittsburgh - 1/22 3 PM | NESN, NHL-US, SN, WZLX-FM 100.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Sweeney's contracts are going to hurt this team for years.

Beleskey has three more. Backes four. McQuaid two. Kevan Miller three.

And Krejci isn't on him, but that's another one aging poorly.

Real trouble ahead.

Mid 2000 Leafs territory.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
On the bright side resigning our RFA (read: pasta) this year should be on the cheap.........looking for anything at this point.....oooh ohh Plus the expansion draft is guaranteed to take one of our pieces of crap....yay......I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.....

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Their support players are better, pure and simple. Sheary, Rust, etc.

It's possible but it also might be the Crosby/Malkin effect. For a decade they've made average wingers appear elite and bump players down the depth chart. Hayes would score 30 with Crosby.

No question Pittsburgh is the better team overall. Today more than shows that.

I long for the days of the Bruins being sore losers. The game is over. Wipe the smirks off Crosby/Malkin/et al.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
On the bright side resigning our RFA (read: pasta) this year should be on the cheap.........looking for anything at this point.....oooh ohh Plus the expansion draft is guaranteed to take one of our pieces of crap....yay......I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.....

You can't even be certain of that.

They may just take a Providence Bruin whose eligible to be taken rather than take any of these losers.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Meanwhile, Backes has said he's uncomfortable right now at center as he doesn't understand the Bruins/Julien's system.

To me, that's on Julien. Been force-feeding Backes at Krejci's RW for far too long.

Now they have a former Selke nominee center who can't play center in this system until he gets better adjusted to it.

That's what happens when you fill out a roster with too many centers and a lack of talent on the wings. Have to do what you can with what you've been given. No win situation IMO. Not sure what the GM was thinking when he signed Backes for what he did and did nothing to address the other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad