GDT: Game 5 | Wild vs Senators | Sensgiving Edition | Mon Oct. 14, 1pm | RDS, TSN5

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
What's the record for backups faced in a season? I feel like we will shatter that this season, the only game we faced the starter was at the Leafs home opener.

Keep in mind Stalock could very well end up being the Wild starter this season. Dubnyk lost the first four games of the season, at this point I would rather be playing against him this afternoon.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I get that there are really no better options on the roster, but Ennis needs to be off the Tkachuk-White line asap

Also not liking Smith’s usage of his 4th line this season so far. 3-4 minutes a game is wild, especially considering how meh lines 2 & 3 are
Tkachuk and White could benefit from a big bodied winger. They are good on the cycle but Ennis not so much.
Our 4th line is so bad Im not surprised its getting only a few minutes.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I get that there are really no better options on the roster, but Ennis needs to be off the Tkachuk-White line asap

Also not liking Smith’s usage of his 4th line this season so far. 3-4 minutes a game is wild, especially considering how meh lines 2 & 3 are

I agree, although I don’t blame him for barely playing Swarz. What a waste of space call up

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Tkachuk and White could benefit from a big bodied winger. They are good on the cycle but Ennis not so much.
Our 4th line is so bad Im not surprised its getting only a few minutes.

Ryan has been pretty decent this season (for his standards) I would try him on there for more than a game to see if they can get some chemistry going with Tkachuk. That would be a difficult line to play against in the offensive zone with two big bodies like that.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
The chemistry between Tkachuk and White is undeniable. They're awesome together. Tyler Ennis on the other hand is brutal and a clear anchor on that line. Chabot and Brannstrom playing well.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
DJ has a really weird ice time management strategy. It seems every game there's a player or 2 who only gets 5 or so minutes.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Ryan has been pretty decent this season (for his standards) I would try him on there for more than a game to see if they can get some chemistry going with Tkachuk. That would be a difficult line to play against in the offensive zone with two big bodies like that.

Agreed. He's playing his best hockey since the 2017 playoff run.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Keep in mind Stalock could very well end up being the Wild starter this season. Dubnyk lost the first four games of the season, at this point I would rather be playing against him this afternoon.
Sure, but the fact one has started 4 games to the others 1 means he's still viewed as their starter. Teams are going to schedule their backup against us a large majority of the time, most in the league by a lot.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Watching the Powerplay this year really makes me miss the days of the Bonk-Hossa-Havlat-Alfie umbrella PP that Martin implemented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad