Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - Thursday Oct. 10 - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
The media hype on hertl has been overblown. But damn, thornton's comment was so disturbing. oh so disturbing.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I reaaaalllyyy don't want to see if Thornton lives up to his "Jumbo Joe" nickname.

Since it's cold, I'm thinking it's more a George Costanza scenario; shrinkage!

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
The media hype on hertl has been overblown. But damn, thornton's comment was so disturbing. oh so disturbing.

Seriously, was he drunk or something? If a drunk person says that, that's hilarious. If a sober person does, it's disturbing.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I reaaaalllyyy don't want to see if Thornton lives up to his "Jumbo Joe" nickname.

Besides that, can you imagine if he accidentally fell down in the team scrum after he scored and it stuck to the ice...

tongue-stuck-to-metal-pole-dumb-dumber-qMkKjR.jpg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The only thing I don't like about the Thornton comment is the whole
"have you played the game?" stuff. I hate that crap. I really do. No that person may not have played the game but I can all but guarantee that person has poured his blood and guts into something and experienced the euphoria when everything just clicks into place for a reason. The rest of it wasn't that big of a deal (OMG he said a naughty word!).

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
The only thing I don't like about the Thornton comment is the whole
"have you played the game?" stuff. I hate that crap. I really do. No that person may not have played the game but I can all but guarantee that person has poured his blood and guts into something and experienced the euphoria when everything just clicks into place for a reason. The rest of it wasn't that big of a deal (OMG he said a naughty word!).

Yeah it smacks of Duncan "k see ya" Keith.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Eh, I have a theory regarding Thornton's quote. He purposely said something so absurd to parody the equal absurdity of people whining over Hertl's perceived showboating. He basically gave them something to talk about instead of trying to mire a kid's career highlight in controversy. Joe's also a bit of a nut.

I don't have an issue with it, if only because I hate the narrative some are drawing. I want more of Hertl, not less.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Eh, I have a theory regarding Thornton's quote. He purposely said something so absurd to parody the equal absurdity of people whining over Hertl's perceived showboating. He basically gave them something to talk about instead of trying to mire a kid's career highlight in controversy. Joe's also a bit of a nut.

I don't have an issue with it, if only because I hate the narrative some are drawing. I want more of Hertl, not less.

Consider the person who reported it. Not trying to defend what Thornton said....but alot of things are said "in the locker room" that aren't reported (so players aren't embarrased). Only one "reporter" (there were a number of them there) reported the "quote".

Betamax*

Anyone know the size of "Jumbo Joe" skates?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Consider the person who reported it. Not trying to defend what Thornton said....but alot of things are said "in the locker room" that aren't reported (so players aren't embarrased). Only one "reporter" (there were a number of them there) reported the "quote".

Ambulance_Chase_2013_Save_The_Dave.jpg

^ botchford

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

my first reaction was, "oh joe of all the veterans you've played with in your 1,000 game career to take after, ray bourque, sean o'donnell, marty lapointe, rob blake, billy guerin, your cousin, you had to choose roenick."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad