Post-Game Talk: Game 5 - Us vs. Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Im assuming they go back and forth between 34-74 and 44-74 depending on situation. But this is far better than the mess of 74-3.

I'd have switched Kuznetsov and Backstrom and Burakovsky and Hagelin but other than that it looks right. Need Hagelin's speed to do something... maybe he'll be more effective on that 2nd line than Oshie has been.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Eh, I like the lines. :dunno:

Kempny and Oshie are done, he has to do something. I like Burakovsky where he is because that line has shown it can produce. I guess my only, slight, beef would be Stephenson, who is the definition of a nothing player, should come out and Boyd comes in.

Seriously can anyone tell me that last thing they remember happening when Chandler Stephenson was on the ice? :laugh:

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
There isn’t much he can do. Wtf do you propose he do? The almighty DSP on the first line by Trotz?

The all mighty Beagle on the top line by Oates?

The Aucoin 1C by Hunter?
No. But they will lose this series if they can’t jump start Kuznetsov. Put him back with the line he had success with last year. Throwing Hagelin and Vrana on line isn’t going to do it. 5 on 5 those top two lines have been awful.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Need this game. 4 games in a row where we got outplayed at least most of the game. 5v5 has been bad. Still have time to save this post season, but we need to turn it around now.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Eh, I like the lines. :dunno:

Kempny and Oshie are done, he has to do something. I like Burakovsky where he is because that line has shown it can produce. I guess my only, slight, beef would be Stephenson, who is the definition of a nothing player, should come out and Boyd comes in.

Seriously can anyone tell me that last thing they remember happening when Chandler Stephenson was on the ice? :laugh:
I thought Boyd was rather lackluster in G4. I think I like Stephenson better but really just a toss up in the end.

I think Backstrom is a better fit to make something happen with Vrana and Hags. I feel like he fits the reactive/support role better for those wingers

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
The top players like Ovi, Backstrom, Kuzy, Carlson must step up in this game. Players such as Vrana, Burakovsky, Eller, Hagelin, Orpik, and Orlov need to be consistent and not be sloppy. Then Holtby needs to be Holtby. They need to keep the pressure on a make crisp passes.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm gonna watch tonight for sure, what else do I have to do :laugh:, but I have to admit my heart's not in it so much. I'm gonna miss T.J. :(

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No. But they will lose this series if they can’t jump start Kuznetsov. Put him back with the line he had success with last year. Throwing Hagelin and Vrana on line isn’t going to do it. 5 on 5 those top two lines have been awful.

Kuzy needs to BE the jump start. That's the issue. You cant scrap the offense you actually have in an attempt to jump start Kuzy. Getting 92 going while shutting 19 down is no improvement. Stifiling Ov and Wilson would be a step backward. The Caps are winning the Ov v Aho battle. Take win and hold it.

This is why Kuzy has never made Backstrom expendable. They may well live and die with Kuzy. I am sure he knows that.

Last edited:

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
I'm gonna watch tonight for sure, what else do I have to do :laugh:, but I have to admit my heart's not in it so much. I'm gonna miss T.J. :(
I love Oshbabe more than most fans and I am going to miss him terribly, but when it comes down to it I am a Washington Capitals fan first and foremost. I will be watching and giving my 110% as a fan like I always do. Injuries are part of the game no matter how they happen.

Reactions: RandyHolt

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm gonna watch tonight for sure, what else do I have to do

Max is pitching tonight. Watching Max play baseball is a true joy. I will be watching the Nats tonight. My phone buzzes when a goal is scored in the Caps game. I will know what is going on. I will check out the board if DSP scores one.

The longer this game is scoreless the better it is for the Caps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2019-4-20_12-8-22.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad