Post-Game Talk: Game 5 - Us vs. Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He's less than a traditional 4d on the Caps. Saying he is a 5d on a strong corp isn't a wild comment
Possible, he wasn't doing much for the Blackhawks either.

A lot of teams seem to want a bunch of indistinguishable Swiss Army knives in their defensemen (now, anyway), the Capitals ask Kempny to be a more precise instrument. He can't necessarily do it all, but he fits his partner and the role asked of him.

Reactions: txpd

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, well, that's generally the effect I have when I bother to say something so no real surprise. Just saying, in a "don't be the Kings" planning for the future kind of way Niskanen (barring undisclosed injury) is starting to look like he's about ready for Brooks Orpik's job when Orpik retires. If you can trick a team now might be the time.

I don’t think you need to worry about GMBM.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I hope this absolutely demoralizes the Canes for next game​
Each game is its own thing. Canes destroyed us a few nights back, and we came back and did same to them tonight. And remember when we beat the Pens decisively in a Game 5 or 6 a couple years back, and some of us (me) were crowing that the Pens looked broken. And then ... well, they weren’t broken.

Gotta win 4. We ain’t done it yet.

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Love it! Couldn't ask for a better response. The boys played the same physical style that won them the cup last year and the Canes had no answer. Nicky is on fire and Kuzy showed signs of life tonight. Secondary scoring, DSP, the TJ chants, Holtby setting records, what more could you ask for? Keep the train rolling in Raleigh!

Reactions: RandyHolt

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Apparently Kempny would be the 5th defenseman on the Canes. Good to know. :help:
I don't think that's entirely outlandish (and I don't have @txpd's irrational distrust of Kempny, either). Canes have a really solid top 4 D. I do think Kempny would get the nod over Pesce, but it's not entirely cut and dry and could depend on chemistry.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Watched almost the whole game up here in Hartford, Connecticut. What a great game as a Caps fan. Bartender was a Caps fan so had a few shots on the house, and needled locals about their hatred for the Canes moving. Hopefully we close this out in 6 and move on shortly. If they bring it like they did tonight we got this.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think that's entirely outlandish (and I don't have @txpd's irrational distrust of Kempny, either). Canes have a really solid top 4 D. I do think Kempny would get the nod over Pesce, but it's not entirely cut and dry and could depend on chemistry.

Excuse me? I am neither distrustful nor am I f***ing irrational. I simply point out his actual ice time assignments. Don't be a jerk, to coin a phrase

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Weird two games. Last one Caps looked completely lifeless, this one Canes. Can't say what exactly causes this kind of behavior. Game strategy? Emotions? Home team line matchups advantage? Lines changes? Or Oshie's tweet?

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Yeah, I don't know what to take from this game -- Canes had some chances to get back into the game, but then unraveled. Probably just young team inconsistency, so who knows what they'll look like in the next game. Caps just gotta keep doing their thing.

Nice to see the top line really get going offensively, Connolly too, that bodes well. Fun game to watch!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Wow. Wonderful game. It looks like Caps past the 2nd gear finally.
Big boys were great.
Ovi:bow: Backstrom:bow:
Need to finish it in 6, and get prepared for Trotz.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad