Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
what is most dissappointing is :
1) the missed head check by barbashev against johannson
2) the missed head check by sanford on krug
3) the missed slew foot by bozak on acciari
4) i think this is the one no one talks about : the wrap around goal which was reviewed looked very much like a goal. All angles i have seen
krejci stick was in the net. Biddington's pads were behind the goal line the puck sitting on krejci's stick which was behind the goal line.
The puck looked like it was in the net. !

Don't forget Perron crosschecking Krug in the back right in front of the referee as well.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
4) i think this is the one no one talks about : the wrap around goal which was reviewed looked very much like a goal. All angles i have seen
krejci stick was in the net. Biddington's pads were behind the goal line the puck sitting on krejci's stick which was behind the goal line.
If the NHL doesn't haul those two refs up on the carpet and fire both they are as Mickey Mouse as Disney. This display of reffing was a total embarrassment. worst reffing in history of the game.If this is the way the NHL is operating they better fire Basket Ball Bettman. Bruin players sitting out with concussions and they continue with amateur referees. It almost seems obvious the fix is in since Berube cried to the league.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Just awhile back Bettman said he wouldn’t ban all head shots in the NHL I guess we see why he is obviously a Blues fan.
When Bettman said that he wouldn’t ban head shots,because it would stop hitting in the game ,I guess we see the real reason why, he is obviously a Blue’s fan

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
The officiating was just embarrassingly bad last night. Whether you’re a Bruins, Blues, or neutral fan if you can’t admit that you shouldn’t be watching hockey.

Defensive zone penalty that leads to a turnover and immediate game winning goal? These officials should never work again. This is a Stanley cup game

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Here is the thing. I know this "they are not calling dirty hits" rhetoric is legitimate, and that Acciari non-call was egregious and completely BS, but we aren't scoring 5v5. period. end of story. We aren't playing good hockey right now.

It starts with our complete inability to clear and transition the puck.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
This pic shows exactly how we all feel right now. Thank you Cam Neely.
Screenshot_2019-06-07-09-24-55~2.png

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
How can the rest of the GM's in the league watch this SCF and feel good about the so called "new direction" of the NHL with its emphasis on speed and skill? If the league allows the clutching/grabbing stuff to go uncalled as the rounds progress, most teams need to change their rosters. The PMD and small forwards are not needed, and are in fact a liability.
Just imagine how many penalties would have been called if the officials used the regular season standards. Does anyone believe the Blues would get the same favorable treatment if they were playing the Leafs or the Habs?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He played 8 total minutes man.

Enough with the games.

What games?

He’s not on the PP or the PK and Cassidy was clearly trying to force feed the B’s Top forwards more time (Pasta, Marchand 22+ minutes, Bergy and DK 20+). I don’t have an issue with him doing it.

That said, it didn’t work. Marchand and Pasta played almost 3 times as many minutes and still were ass. Krejci played more than twice as many minutes and did nothing. Ended up with the same number of shots as 43 (one). DeBrusk played 5 minutes more and was awful.

All of those top 6 guys getting tons of minutes and accomplishing zero...and your biggest problem was with Heinen? If anything, based on his play in other games, he should be getting more time, not less.

The 7 D set up obviously didn’t help the forwards in any way. I would definitely not do that again in Game 6.

Reactions: Spooner st

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Barbashev Special

Definition - an excuse me high hit in an unsuspecting very good player at moderate speed disguised as an accident

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
If only I could like this more.

Yet somehow a good percentage of fans believe he tried to sell it.

Anyone who has ever played knows that its impossible to dive like that and time it perfectly with a slewfoot attempt.

The only way the bruins are going to win is by playing the way the blues are with a borderline attempt to injure. Blues have been trying to take players out all series and have. Chara was an accident obviously but Griz was intentional and so wasnt last night.

Reactions: rfournier103

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Replace Backes' 8 Minutes with Heinen's and it would've made little difference.

Getting rid of one anchor for a 7th defenseman and then playing one of the supposed "better" players for 8 minutes in a tight game sounds to me Cassidy quite possibly overcoached himself.

Or he didn't trust Heinen at all after numerous ****ups in the first period.

There were no numerous f*** ups in the 1st period. Heinen had 6 shifts for 3:35. Would have been really, really hard to screw up multiple times in such a short span :laugh:

Quit before the hole gets deeper.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
#2 isn't valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad