Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
Ok halak for rask maybe a stretch. Im angry sorry but heinen isn't scoring and thats his job. Put someone in for him.

Not all guys primary job is to score goals. A forward group of 12 David Pastrnak's would not fair well. He generates offense, maintains possession, disrupts plays, and plays all around good 2-way hockey. He was NOT good last night, but he has been active and playing well, until then. He is not scoring right now, but no one is. You're being hyperbolic.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
B’s have been in this situation before but if they bring the same effort in game 6 as they did last night, this one is over.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Until now. I’m telling you. In my heart of hearts, this team is winning in 7. I know. Every fiber of me feels it. We’re taking game 6 and Rask is posting a shutout in game 7. I know.

I feel the same, I am 100% sure this team is winning this. They play their best when their backs are against the wall and this is exactly how this story is playing out. Go Bruins!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was just about to ask that in here.

Is this more because there was no call on the play?
They did mention that the league looks at everything but I highly doubt the league is going to hold 2 hearings for the slewfoot and headshot because the same team committed them.

They announced McAvoy's hearing around 10:30 the next day so its still possible there will be one at least for the head shot.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine
What is hilarious is that Berube is somehow justifying his comments with "least penalized team during the regular season"...dude..this isn't the regular season and your clown ass knows that. I'm really interested to see what happens game 6. There is massive scrutiny against the refs now for missing some blatant calls last night and the pressure cooker is going to be full on with the cup on the line. If they call a "normal" game the Bruins win game 6.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
7 D did not work.

Every forward line was mixed and matched. it was ugly, and it didn't work.

Also what the flipping **** Heinen? We had ELEVEN forwards! Barely were shorthanded, down to TEN forwards for the last 10 minutes in the 3rd.

And even Bruce benches this bum because he was clearly looking out matched out there.

Can you people stop defending this guy. When he shows up he's great, but my goodness he's been bad.

So, you say that the 7 D messed up the F lines and it was ugly, but that apparently only affected the forwards other than Heinen? :laugh:

I would not say last night was his best game, but you could say that about a lot of B’s players. He’s been very good for the majority of the playoffs and again, he has been far from the worst F in this series.

Also, I’m pretty sure Heinen was out there with Kuraly and someone else with 2-3 minutes to go in the game? You and I must define benching differently?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I feel numb.

I don't want to think about this team right now.

Going to try to put them out of my mind and come back on Sunday with optimism.

I don't think this is the place you wanna be then :)

I'm resetting this weekend and taking my pops to see Godzilla and End Game since he hasn't been able to go out yet to see em.

Sunday I will watch the game with no sound.

Monday I took off.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
7 D did not work.

Every forward line was mixed and matched. it was ugly, and it didn't work.

Also what the flipping **** Heinen? We had ELEVEN forwards! Barely were shorthanded, down to TEN forwards for the last 10 minutes in the 3rd.

And even Bruce benches this bum because he was clearly looking out matched out there.

Can you people stop defending this guy. When he shows up he's great, but my goodness he's been bad.

Pretty sure the bold can be said for the majority of the top 6, no?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm tired of talking about the garbage officiating. The NHL is trying to change it's status as a second-rate league, and it can't get out of its own way.

Ignoring the refs, it's another game where the top 6 were no-shows. At this point, we're 5 games into the series, it doesn't feel like anything's going to change. Maybe facing, by its very definition, a must win game changes something. Maybe Grzelcyk is back and that improves the offense. Maybe getting screwed re-energizes them. Who knows, but something has to change if they expect to win on Sunday.

All I know is that the Blues have wanted it more for 5 games, and that's why they're one win away.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ok I’ll bite....your biggest beef is with 3rd liner Danton Heinen? Really?

It’s amazing to me that some people are always ready to jump on Heinen, but give guys like DeBrusk a free pass. The goal last night from Jake was 90% Krug’s effort. Then he turned the puck over trying to dangle on the next shift and it led directly to the Perron breakaway. Nobody is mentioning this because of the plethora of awful calls we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad