Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm tired of talking about the garbage officiating. The NHL is trying to change it's status as a second-rate league, and it can't get out of its own way.

Ignoring the refs, it's another game where the top 6 were no-shows. At this point, we're 5 games into the series, it doesn't feel like anything's going to change. Maybe facing, by its very definition, a must win game changes something. Maybe Grzelcyk is back and that improves the offense. Maybe getting screwed re-energizes them. Who knows, but something has to change if they expect to win on Sunday.

All I know is that the Blues have wanted it more for 5 games, and that's why they're one win away.

This is the real issue.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It’s amazing to me that some people are always ready to jump on Heinen, but give guys like DeBrusk a free pass. The goal last night from Jake was 90% Krug’s effort. Then he turned the puck over trying to dangle on the next shift and it led directly to the Perron breakaway. Nobody is mentioning this because of the plethora of awful calls we are talking about.

THAT pissed me off. There was no reason for him to pull that stupid ass move in a one goal game in a Stanley Cup final. None

Reactions: Spooner st

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
It’s amazing to me that some people are always ready to jump on Heinen, but give guys like DeBrusk a free pass. The goal last night from Jake was 90% Krug’s effort. Then he turned the puck over trying to dangle on the next shift and it led directly to the Perron breakaway. Nobody is mentioning this because of the plethora of awful calls we are talking about.

Also the 3rd line has arguably been our most effective line all playoffs. I’m not saying our best line but imo them and the 4th line have really exceeded expectations all post season

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Heinen is the common fan’s punching bag.

I can think of 6 other forwards that I’m a lot more concerned with than Heinen.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
St. Louis.. please, PLEASE win the Cup and eliminate the hated Bruins. They are like a rabid animal terrorizing the good people of the League with their dirty, illegal play and classless antics, and Animal Control (refs) have not done nearly enough. It's all up to you now.

Seriously, you have a great team and it's been a pleasure watching. If you win, you'll be my 3rd favorite team FOREVER. God be with you.

You're not from around these parts I take it, are you? :laugh:

If you are going to leave the darkside, you must convert 100%
:bruins

Reactions: The National

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
St. Louis.. please, PLEASE win the Cup and eliminate the hated Bruins. They are like a rabid animal terrorizing the good people of the League with their dirty, illegal play and classless antics, and Animal Control (refs) have not done nearly enough. It's all up to you now.

Seriously, you have a great team and it's been a pleasure watching. If you win, you'll be my 3rd favorite team FOREVER. God be with you.

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever read

False Start

May 8, 2018
So, you say that the 7 D messed up the F lines and it was ugly, but that apparently only affected the forwards other than Heinen? :laugh:

I would not say last night was his best game, but you could say that about a lot of B’s players. He’s been very good for the majority of the playoffs and again, he has been far from the worst F in this series.

Also, I’m pretty sure Heinen was out there with Kuraly and someone else with 2-3 minutes to go in the game? You and I must define benching differently?

He played 8 total minutes man.

Enough with the games.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Pretty sure the bold can be said for the majority of the top 6, no?

Replace Backes' 8 Minutes with Heinen's and it would've made little difference.

Getting rid of one anchor for a 7th defenseman and then playing one of the supposed "better" players for 8 minutes in a tight game sounds to me Cassidy quite possibly overcoached himself.

Or he didn't trust Heinen at all after numerous f***ups in the first period.

Reactions: shoulders7

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I think some of you Bruins fans are missing the bigger picture. Yeah there were some missed calls, but can you honestly tell me the team that has been better this series thus far is down 3-2?

Remember, this post: The Bruins will be winning this Stanley Cup, because they are the BETTER TEAM.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
what is most dissappointing is :
1) the missed head check by barbashev against johannson
2) the missed head check by sanford on krug
3) the missed slew foot by bozak on acciari
4) i think this is the one no one talks about : the wrap around goal which was reviewed looked very much like a goal. All angles i have seen
krejci stick was in the net. Biddington's pads were behind the goal line the puck sitting on krejci's stick which was behind the goal line.
The puck looked like it was in the net. !

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
4) i think this is the one no one talks about : the wrap around goal which was reviewed looked very much like a goal. All angles i have seen
krejci stick was in the net. Biddington's pads were behind the goal line the puck sitting on krejci's stick which was behind the goal line.
The puck looked like it was in the net. !

Problem is, even if it was in the net, Krejci pushed Binnington's pad backwards with his stick. That would've been disallowed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad