GDT: Game 5: Sabres vs Coyotes - 10/13 9pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I dont think in particular has been getting booed but I think the home environment hasnt been great.

Guys regrouping behind our own net get heckled because they aren't moving the puck enough. Team had amazing possession the other night for like 3 minutes, but booed because there weren't enough shots. The atmosphere at home games have been tense, other than when we took a big lead on VGK

Ehh, ya some, but it doesn’t really mesh with what we’ve seen. The kid has just kept improving every game. To be honest I doubt the home fans being disappointed with his veteran teammates have done anything, but keep him motivated and hungry.

I could see it if they had been booed relentlessly and it was Christmas and he was not playing well. But he seems to have hit the nhl running.

Now if playing away let Risto stop doing stupid things, I could see the benefits of away game crowds.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I dont think in particular has been getting booed but I think the home environment hasnt been great.

Guys regrouping behind our own net get heckled because they aren't moving the puck enough. Team had amazing possession the other night for like 3 minutes, but booed because there weren't enough shots. The atmosphere at home games have been tense, other than when we took a big lead on VGK

Ehh, ya some, but it doesn’t really mesh with what we’ve seen. The kid has just kept improving every game. To be honest I doubt the home fans being disappointed with his veteran teammates have done anything, but keep him motivated and hungry.

I could see it if they had been booed relentlessly and it was Christmas and he was not playing well. But he seems to have hit the nhl running.

Now if playing away let Risto stop doing stupid things, I could see the benefits of away game crowds.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Oof, showing Pegula sitting in the scouting meetings before the draft. Why?

I'd support a go fund me for the Pegula's to join Elon Musk up on his plan to migrate to Mars. As long as Terry and Kim leave sufficient wealth in a Sabres Trust account to run the franchise......

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I think you keep it to hockey guys. Especially after hearing how enamored Pegula was with Josh Allen's arm and cold weather experience before the NFL draft. He might have had no say, but why even have him there?

Because he's the owner and there's no way he wouldn't be in the room. Who's going to tell him no?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I'm not worried about Risto. It's game five in a long season. He'll find his form, just needs to simplify things and stop trying to do too much.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Because he's the owner and there's no way he wouldn't be in the room. Who's going to tell him no?

Yep. No one is going to tell him no. Most of us are blind to our own inadequacies. Especially those that we think we excel at.

And that's why we're married....... our wives usually have no hesitation pointing out our limitations.....:laugh:

Reactions: Dubi Doo

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Am I too into this team when I have a concern that Jan-Axel Alaavara is no longer part of the scouting staff
I literally just looked him up after the B and G and saw he’s with Adler Manheim now. He got us Dahlin, Ullmark, Oloffson, and a few others right while with Modo?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yep. No one is going to tell him no. Most of us are blind to our own inadequacies. Especially those that we think we excel at.

And that's why we're married....... our wives usually have no hesitating pointing out our limitations.....:laugh:

Ha. I mean as long as he is just watching it sounds like what I would do if I owned the team.

Now if he is piping in with “opinions” and “direction”, not good.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I think you keep it to hockey guys. Especially after hearing how enamored Pegula was with Josh Allen's arm and cold weather experience before the NFL draft. He might have had no say, but why even have him there?

I thought Pegula liked Rosen more? The NFL guys wanted Allen.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
That moment when you acquire a 2x cup winning top 6 LW for a conditional 3rd and a pittance of a cap dump....

Sheary was a fantastic add. I truly think he has untapped potential. He can be a 25-30 goal scorer on this team playing with Jack.

That trade looks more ridiculous every game. Amazing move by Botts.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007

And that's why we're married....... our wives usually have no hesitation pointing out our limitations.....:laugh:
DbkaOnJV0AA9dWb.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad