GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
The thing with Weiss was he was supposed to be a better natural center where as Filppula perhaps might be the better overall player, but he isn't even a good center imo.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The thing with Weiss was he was supposed to be a better natural center where as Filppula perhaps might be the better overall player, but he isn't even a good center imo.

Lol through 4 games

Filppula 59% on faceoffs
Weiss 41% on faceoffs

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I tink it is too early to say we messed up with the Flip v Weiss decision (obviously) though Flip has obviously adjusted offensively a lot quicker than Weiss has.

I think the benefit to signing Weiss is that once he settles in, he gives us a more reliable 2C in the long run. Flip might be more impactful than Weiss, but in Detroit he showed that it would likely only have been as a winger, which we have already. I still have a good feeling that it was the right decision. Weiss is certainly a better player than what we've seen so far. I think he is too concerned with trying to be perfect/ all over the ice than just focusing on playing at this point. But we will see in time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good for Val though.

He thought of himself as a 5 million dollar player.

Well, he's playing like one right now. Good to see him earning his contract.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Of course Filppula looks like the better player. He's escaped Babcock.

Leino. Kopecky. Brunner. Hudler. Samuelsson. Quincey. This isn't something new. You leave Detroit, and you produce at a higher rate. It's almost a fact by now.

I would place a hefty bet on Brendan Smith looking like a poor man's Kris Letang if he ever gets out of Detroit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Leino. Kopecky. Brunner. Hudler. Samuelsson. Quincey. This isn't something new. You leave Detroit, and you produce at a higher rate. It's almost a fact by now.

I would place a hefty bet on Brendan Smith looking like a poor man's Kris Letang if he ever gets out of Detroit.

So Datsyuk and Zetterberg would have scored 120 pts in their prime on another team???

I'm only messing around man haha

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

Leino is bad. He just had a brief period of playing well. Kopecky is still bad. Brunner? Too early. Hudler? Give me a break. He produced in Detroit. Samuelsson produced in Detroit. Quincey? You're using Quincey as an example? Really? Are you serious? Kyle Quincey.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Total myth.

Flip was a fine 2C if you don't need a ton of offence, but bring up the numbers. He had his only significant production (IE $5M a year salary) winging Z and Hudler

Ken Holland doesn't pay $5M for what Flip brought.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Filppula vs Weiss... This should go on for years. But let me remind you, many on here basically said Flip was a passenger. He was not creating or making plays especially in the playoffs.

Most on this board were ok with Weiss as a replacement for Flip.

So far Flip has played much better on HIS team than Weiss on our team .... SO FAR...

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Leino is bad. He just had a brief period of playing well. Kopecky is still bad. Brunner? Too early. Hudler? Give me a break. He produced in Detroit. Samuelsson produced in Detroit. Quincey? You're using Quincey as an example? Really? Are you serious? Kyle Quincey.

ALL of these players produced at a higher pace - despite playing with lesser talent in many cases - on other teams.

And Kyle Quincey is a PERFECT example if there ever was one. He has sucked in all respects since being here. On other teams, the coaches found a way to put him in a situation to succeed, and he did. I'd much rather have subpar defense with a hefty offensive contribution than subpar defense and nothing else. Thats what LA and Colorado got out of Quincey, and they were able to trade him for a decent exchange when it was all said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad