GDT: GAME #5: LEAFS @ WINGS | Thurs, Oct 11 @ 7:30PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Could it be that Bab's is cycling the extra Dmen (Oz and Marincin) in and out of the line-up to keep them both active and engages... and possibly happy? Leafs could have easily lost Leivo this season if they sat him again for the bulk of the games.

Just a theory.

I think its pretty obvious.

1. Oziganov didnt play particularly well to start the season (against Montreal and Ottawa).
2. Babs decides to try someone else as the 6th d-man, knowing it wont make a huge difference.
3. Marincin ends up playing better than expected against Chicago (But still not strong enough to lock in the 6th spot)
4. Babs goes back to Oziganov to play a more heavier/physical team in Dallas. He impressess a lot. His best game so far.
5. Due to Marincin's last performance, Babs is now rotating Marincin/OZ in and out until one of these guys makes a strong claim to get full time duties.

Oziganov essentially put thi on himself by performing poor against Habs/Sens. He's gonna have to earn it back now.

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
I don't think rotating Marincin and Oz, at least for the first couple of months, is a bad thing. It helps to ease Oz's transition to North America and (hopefully) the reduced pressure gives Marincin small steps in confidence to succeed as a lower pairing/back-up D. I'm not the biggest Marincin fan, but I think a lot of his past struggles were largely a confidence issue and I'm hopeful he can get over that to be a solid contributer on this team, especially if Hainsey's regression continues.

As for tonight's game, I think the Leafs can build on their solid 3rd period of the Dallas game and win 4-0.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The fact that Babcock is using Marincin suggests Dubas didnt pick him because of Marlies bias. Babs wanted him on the team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I find in most sports scoring more than your opponent is a recipe for success. I’m no rocket scientist though.

its a recipe, like you can make cookies without sugar but its better with sugar no?, Scoring tons and not leaking goals is a better recipe it tastes way better

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Could it be that Bab's is cycling the extra Dmen (Oz and Marincin) in and out of the line-up to keep them both active and engages... and possibly happy? Leafs could have easily lost Leivo this season if they sat him again for the bulk of the games.

Just a theory.
I think it could also be he realizes that Dermott needs to be in top 4 ASAP and Hainsey on the 3rd pair, and the only way for that to work is Dermott needs to be able to play the right side. So rather than throw him to the wolves, let him play sheltered 3rd pair minutes on the right side to get used to it. And playing him on the right side means Marincin (the left handed shot) slots in on his proper side.

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
its a recipe, like you can make cookies without sugar but its better with sugar no?, Scoring tons and not leaking goals is a better recipe it tastes way better
For sure, but early season style isn’t much of a concern. We’re getting a little tighter each game that’s what I’m keying on.

Reactions: stickty111

member 262271

Feeling pretty neutral about this game. Like I've said before even if the Leafs let a few in it doesn't worry me like it used to. They have the personnel to come back against any team.

member 262271

Man Toronto sports radio/media is more unbearable that usual.

Here we have, arguably the best Leafs team ever, and all people are talking about is the cap-crunch next summer.

Just enjoy the show, you losers.
I firmly believe to never be over confident about the the team you cheer for, but you're absolutely spot on with this. This is all media outlets have to talk about because paranoia and negativity brings in listeners.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I think it could also be he realizes that Dermott needs to be in top 4 ASAP and Hainsey on the 3rd pair, and the only way for that to work is Dermott needs to be able to play the right side. So rather than throw him to the wolves, let him play sheltered 3rd pair minutes on the right side to get used to it. And playing him on the right side means Marincin (the left handed shot) slots in on his proper side.

I very well might be wrong, but I thought Dermott was still playing on the left side against Chicago.
It's not a bad idea though, he could then play w/ Gards and Zaitsev could play with Reilly.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Team defence will improve as the season goes along only if we work on it, it won't happen on it's own.

Hence why we have coaches for that. The Leafs defense was 11th in GA last year, it'll come, they don't need to be elite, average to above average is more than enough with this offense.

Also team defense will get better when our goalies start to play better, I don't trust Sparks but Andersen is a notorious slow starter, give him a couple months and then see if team defense is as bad as you think it is.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Ferraro is a very good example of someone who doesn’t know how cap works and someone that doesn’t have an an intellectual foresight.

Also he has been getting some twitter interest since he started tweeting about the Leafs and realized negative teeets about the leafs get him more attention.

Ignore what he says

You're completely wrong and full of hate.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
For sure, but early season style isn’t much of a concern. We’re getting a little tighter each game that’s what I’m keying on.
We have been improving.
1st game: outplayed and were terrible. Andersen won us the game
2nd game: outplayed the Sens and were good. Andersen lost us the game
3rd game: outplayed for the 1st half, were the better team the 2nd half. Both goalies werent good.
4th game: we were the better team, and Andersen for the most part had an easy night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad