GDT: GAME #5: LEAFS @ WINGS | Thurs, Oct 11 @ 7:30PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Another big game for the buds against some duds. Need to come out of motown with 2 points and a GA of less then 3. Get your coolers out because if you go to the fridge for a wobbly pop you may miss the lads potting a few in under a minute.

Leafs win 8-3

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Detroit's only scored 2 goals in each of their first 3 games so far. I'd like to see the Leafs hold them to that or less in this one, in a game where they play stronger defense while sustaining pressure on the forecheck.

Reactions: dsred

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
it's nice to be able to win close games, but it's better to win games by a bigger score so you don't have to worry about it. I don't think teams even can win close games reliably, as there's a lot of luck involved and it fluctuates a lot year to year
That is not for you to decide.

There is another team in the game.

We got no idea how the game will play out.

If they play it tight, then what are you going to do? Open it up? That did not work against Montreal or Ottawa.

Chicago and Dallas were more accommodating as they liked to skate and score.

It is easier to shut it down, play 4 guys back than try to score, and just wait until the Leafs make a mistake. A lot of teams played the Leafs this way the past two seasons.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Whoa....

From Bruce Arthur's twitter after he released his latest piece on Matthews:

"Didn't get it in the piece because I'm an idiot, but points per 60 minutes played in all situations, last season and the start of this one: Auston Matthews 3.66, Connor McDavid 3.65, 7th and 8th respectively. (At 5-on-5, McDavid 3.2, best in hockey; Matthews 3.05, 2nd.)"

Had no clue Matthews has been that good.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I live in the Windsor-Essex area and I'm going to be selfish. I want all of the Wings fans around here to be disappointed tonight and I want to be happy.

Leafs 5-3.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Whoa....

From Bruce Arthur's twitter after he released his latest piece on Matthews:

"Didn't get it in the piece because I'm an idiot, but points per 60 minutes played in all situations, last season and the start of this one: Auston Matthews 3.66, Connor McDavid 3.65, 7th and 8th respectively. (At 5-on-5, McDavid 3.2, best in hockey; Matthews 3.05, 2nd.)"

Had no clue Matthews has been that good.

you mean I haven't been posting it enough!?!?!?

I gotta do better.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
My my my how the times have changed. Perhaps the return of a new dead wings era?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Is Martin Marinicin really playing tonight?

That is so bizarre! Then again, the Red Wings apparently don't score much because they have little talent. How bad can it be?

Leafs probably get at least four goals. Original six city. Babcock's old team. They should be fired up.

member 262271

Seems like a quiet GDT even though the game hasn't started yet. Is everyone rockin' in Nylander MCMXVIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad