GDT: Game #5 Jan. 22nd Pens Host the Rangers @ 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Pens need to have a big showing from their top lines today.

Yeah, it's game 5... we need them to be at least on par. Individuals have played well on each but nothing in the Top 6 has been average - above average from shift to shift.

We need anything from the Top 6. Maybe just a little structure starts to form for the entire team. I'd love to start seeing less odd man breaks not more....

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
we should play these D pairs imo...I’m changing my mind daily but I think this provides the best insulation...

Marino- Letang
Dumo-Ceci
POJ-Ruh

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
idB6Ihb.gif

Haha, he's already our whipping boy. Funny thing is, while not a world beater Brendan Smith is a lot better and he sits in favor of him, and Tony DeAngelo sat for 2 games while he and Smith played (first game was a punishment and the second game was because they won the first game 5-0).

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Haha, he's already our whipping boy. Funny thing is, while not a world beater Brendan Smith is a lot better and he sits in favor of him, and Tony DeAngelo sat for 2 games while he and Smith played (first game was a punishment and the second game was because they won the first game 5-0).

LOL. We still got our own in, Ceci.

I got a parting gif you can take back to your boards.

zLBo1ls.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I went to grad school in Pittsburgh for 2 years. There are no hockey fans I respect more. Super nice people that are actually passionate about their team. I'd see multiple Pens hats every day. And that includes the 14-15 season when the Pens were a bubble team that lost in 5 games in the first round.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We gave up a 2nd round pick to get rid of Staal and then signed a worse (albeit cheaper) player to replace him.

At least you guys didn't sign him for half a decade at a borderline-second-pairing rate.

I also have my doubts that NY will continue to trot him out there night after night despite horrible results. Particularly if they make the playoffs.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
BTW, I went to grad school in Pittsburgh for 2 years. There are no hockey fans I respect more. Super nice people that are actually passionate about their team. I'd see multiple Pens hats every day. And that includes the 14-15 season when the Pens were a bubble team that lost in 5 games in the first round.

I was just going to ask if you were the poster that used to live in Pittsburgh. :laugh:

Welcome back to our board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad