GDT: Game #5 Jan. 22nd Pens Host the Rangers @ 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
is rii and roo playing?

Just got in and kinda busy to sift through posts.....

Wats the d lineup and goalie?

Please tell me TJ ... and Rii/Roo the bottom slot.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I'm thinking, it might be smart to dress 7 D-men.

Not sure if serious.... but according to Cap Friendly, POJ is on an emergency call up which means the Pens only had 5 healthy defensemen without him. That means they're dressing all 6 healthy defensemen they have.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
is rii and roo playing?

Just got in and kinda busy to sift through posts.....

Wats the d lineup and goalie?

Please tell me TJ ... and Rii/Roo the bottom slot.

Ruhwedel should play although they just had a baby a couple days ago but we are at home so he probably will be in

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ruhwedel should play although they just had a baby a couple days ago but we are at home so he probably will be in

Well, hey. It wouldn't be hockey season if the penguins roster wasn't obliterated 4 games into the season.

I'm expecting a forward to go down in the next game or two...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
3 of the pens top 7 starting d men out longer term 4 games in....

hahahahaha,..... all you can do is laugh.... cause its absolutely f***ing ridiculous.... year in.... year out.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
3 of the pens top 7 starting d men out longer term 4 games in....

hahahahaha,..... all you can do is laugh.... cause its absolutely f***ing ridiculous.... year in.... year out.
True. Good news is that POJ is capable and I would not have had qualms starting him in our main 6 to start the year. Really hope he has a good showing tonight.
Matheson was likely to hurt us bad in our own end, and right now we can't keep the puck outta our net.

I'm only worried about Ceci. And Petts being out really sucks. He was our best D so far.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We need more Frenchies.
ZV6KnlK.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not sure if serious.... but according to Cap Friendly, POJ is on an emergency call up which means the Pens only had 5 healthy defensemen without him. That means they're dressing all 6 healthy defensemen they have.

POJ was on the taxi squad, and so is Czuczman.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
POJ was on the taxi squad, and so is Czuczman.

He was, and he's been called on an emergency basis. The only way they'd be able to use the emergency on both is if they were down to 4 defenseman.

Penguins recall Pierre-Olivier Joseph from taxi squad | TribLIVE.com

One of the Penguins’ top prospects is one step closer to making his NHL debut.
Defenseman Pierre-Olivier Joseph was formally recalled from the taxi squad on an emergency basis Friday morning.
His recall comes three days after defensemen Marcus Pettersson and Juuso Riikola were sidelined for several weeks due to undisclosed injuries.

For a quick refresher about emergency recalls, see: Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates News, Live Coverage | DK Pittsburgh Sports

HOW DO EMERGENCY RECALLS WORK IN THE NHL?

When a team is short players "by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by league suspension to its players," per the CBA, teams recall players by emergency recall. Once the emergency situation has ended, the player must be returned to the team from which he had been recalled, or re-assigned on paper and then recalled via standard recall.

There are benefits to first designating a recall an emergency recall, rather than a standard recall, and we'll get into those below.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He was, and he's been called on an emergency basis. The only way they'd be able to use the emergency on both is if they were down to 4 defenseman.

Penguins recall Pierre-Olivier Joseph from taxi squad | TribLIVE.com

For a quick refresher about emergency recalls, see: Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates News, Live Coverage | DK Pittsburgh Sports

Okay. Thanks.... I didn't know/understand that part.:thumbu:

I mean, they can't be kept from bringing someone up if they want. A true callup? Guys not on the taxi squad? Seems stupid not being able to bring up someone if they want. Like when you play with one less forward and add a D-man.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh my goodness that's about as dismal numbers as I've seen.

Particularly from... you know... an "All Star goaltender."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->