GDT: Game 5: Coyotes @ Jets - 5PM - FSAZ

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Keller has 3 pts in 5 games, not worried yet, but he has to have more urgency. He's getting points.

3 pts for Schmaltz tonight, awesome to see him coming through.

Oesterle blicked a shot and never returned...:help:

He did. He was on the bench for the last face off, looked ok.

happy with the two points for sure. Don’t think we controlled the play and certainly took advantage of opportunities we should have but feel like we were outplayed. That third period was a classic tippet period to me.

Still not real thrilled with Kessel. I know it’s early but to go 5 games already, on a new team, without finding the net is not as advertised. Again, early, I know, just wish we had that guy that pots goals consistently.

Reactions: RABBIT

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Is that possible?

If the player agrees and he has an NHL out or his club simply releases him, it should be. The rules that govern euro to NHL transfers are a lot less convoluted than CHL to AHL/NHL.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just finished watching. Damn, but are they quick to the puck. Speed to the puck outshined the talent gap tonight. That and a superb goal tending performance by Kuemper.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Just finished watching. Damn, but are they quick to the puck. Speed to the puck outshined the talent gap tonight. That and a superb goal tending performance by Kuemper.

Game was so fast I could barely follow. Lost sight of puck several times. Felt so old. But that's ok, as the game was won. ;)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Love Garland.

Want to see Soderberg and Stepan Switch spots. Would be happy to to Hayton come in for Fischer again.

Dvo-Schmaltz-Garland
Keller-Soderberg-Kessel
Crouse-Stepan-Hayton
Grabner-Richardson-Stroza

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Soda doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping pace with Keller and Kessel.
That’s not what they need. Stepan really can’t anyway. Not the point. They need someone who can pull defenders to them, and win battles one-on-one. They can’t establish anything in the offensive zone because they get boxed out and lose possession. Nobody gets inside. I’d suggest Garland but they need a center. Behind Garland, Soderberg is our best power forward.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Reider and Wedgewood? That's an overpay?
We retained on Rieder, and I think he had more value than a career back up who had been up and down playwise. It seems just as likely he may have went back to Minnesota Keumper, and I thought/still think Rieder could have brought more in return than Keumper if we had made separate moves

Even then, though, noone was losing sleep over giving up Rieder (and his agent) especially since he'd lost a step and Tocchet wasn't impressed, relegating him to fourth line minutes .

Obviously, it has worked out swimmingly in hindsight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad