GDT: Game 5: Coyotes @ Jets - 5PM - FSAZ

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah. I saw that. Looks like he's trying to keep his arm from falling off.

When I saw that, he looked like he was grabbing a rib or something - as if he got the butt end of a stick or a hit in the corner right to the ribcage.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I think we're early enough in the season to play different lines for a few games to see if any of the top guys have chemistry with anyone else. Its perfectly possible that Schmaltz and Garland could be succesful with different linemates and it could mean that Keller and Kessel get better. Its also possible that they dont. But that top line isnt doing a ton. Yeah their play isnt bad but a top line needs to be producing
You can try other guys from other lines but while a line is hot you keep them intact. It's coaching 101.

Your welcome.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
no chance yet. DISH are aholes.
I have NHL ticket and it's blacked out.
Watched my Habs get beat.

Nice win though for the Yotes. How'd Kessel look?

same like the games before. He is trying, he is shooting, he‘s not scoring.
I think he is searching for his right/effectice place in the lineup.

its exciting to see how the Coaches manage that.
Coyotes winning, everybody scores... would be boring ;)
The Kessel goals will come, patience.

Reactions: kbay

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
same like the games before. He is trying, he is shooting, he‘s not scoring.
I think he is searching for his right/effectice place in the lineup.

its exciting to see how the Coaches manage that.
Coyotes winning, everybody scores... would be boring ;)
The Kessel goals will come, patience.
So he was riding Malkin's coattails is that what you're saying?

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
On a lighter note, not sure I've ever seen a player as gassed as Kessel at the end of that 2nd period! He looked like he could barely hold his stick. Check out the pressure! View attachment 265115
When I saw it live I was wondering if he was hurt based on how he's holding is off hand close to his body, but he was just super gassed probably doing whatever he could not to hunch over.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I've been pretty impressed with Kessel, despite the point total. Not as bad in his own end as everyone made him out to be (only games though) and his ability to make quick plays is unlike anything we've had on the team in a very long time. He will make players around him better, we just need to find the right linemates.

It's also very clear how much a talent jump he is compared to Gally. Must be fun watching teams that have 2-4 true top line guys night in and night out.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've been pretty impressed with Kessel, despite the point total. Not as bad in his own end as everyone made him out to be (only games though) and his ability to make quick plays is unlike anything we've had on the team in a very long time. He will make players around him better, we just need to find the right linemates.

It's also very clear how much a talent jump he is compared to Gally. Must be fun watching teams that have 2-4 true top line guys night in and night out.
First time I saw Pittsburgh live, was a playoff game against Columbus, turned out Jackets won their first playoff game that night. Regardless of the loss, watching the skill of the Pens was fantastic and a source of envy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad