GDT: Game 5: Avs @ Preds | 4/20, 7:30pm MT | Hopefully this isn't the End

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

16 points in 12 career playoff games for MacKinnon now. Landeskog isn't bad either with 11 points (7 goals) in 12 games.

Imagine if Rinne didn't play out of his mind in game 1....if landeskog doesn't get hooked on his empty net breakaway....if Rantanen was able to take a pass and shoot. MacKinnon would be looking at 4 more points. Easily.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I'm so curious to see how Nashville responds to their collapse. The first 10 minutes of game 6 are going to be more important than usual. Avs get pressure early, Hammond makes a couple big saves, gets into their heads and we'll be going back to Nashville for a do or die.

Just secured myself some tickets for game 6!!! Getting on the road in the next hour!! Can't wait to cheer the boys on in person! I can't ****ing believe I'm going to a Colorado Avalanche playoff game this season. What a ride.

See you there my friend! First playoff game for me ever and I couldn't be more stoked. Funny thing is a group of us got game 6 tickets days before last nights game so it means even more to know I won't be getting a refund. :)

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
immortals-we-ll-put-their-name-to-the-test-gJJKPl

We really have proven this Nashville team is human. Even in our losses this team has been in every game. I just could not be more proud of the boys. The adversity and injuries we've overcome is just a testament to our resolve and I am f***ing stoked to be watching this young team for years to come. Now get me a victory tomorrow for my first ever playoff game!!

Edit: How the F do I add a gif or video?

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
I think I agree with what someone else said--he did his usual flop backwards without realizing the goalie was right behind him. I could be wrong, I need to look at it again, but boy he went down pretty easily.

It looks like Rinne goes down thinking MacK is going to shoot and kicks Ellis' feet out from under him. Whether Ellis went down easy because he felt contact or whether he went down because Rinne kicked his feet out is kind of a moot point. PK Divan flopping all over the ice like a fish out of water expecting some sort of call for MacK taking him to town was the best part of that sequence.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I was always of the opinion that if they won more than 1 game this series it would be bonus. To do it in this fashion is just incredible. Gotta think they have all the confidence to push it to 7 at home.

Whatever happens the rest of the way, I can't wait for the amount of swagger and fun these guys are going to start the season with next year.
The little shove from Landy helped a bit too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So, is it unrealistic to think Hammond is playing himself onto the Avs' 2028/2019 roster as backup to Varly?
Andrew Hammond very likely won't be re-signed by the Avs lol. But hey, if he puts up a stellar playoff performance and leads this team deep, they may not have a choice or fan outrage would be real :laugh:

But no, he won't be backing up for this team next season. I would love more than anything for him to go on a run here and get hot like he did for the Senators in the past, but I'm also cognizant of his play this season, hell, even the last two seasons. The guy has played a total of 32 games since the start of the 2016-2017 hockey season, only 8 of those being NHL games. So while I'm very happy for him and wish him success right now, he isn't a logical option to back up next season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs could do one hell of a lot worse for a #3 goalie than Hammond. I mean... they came into the season with Martin/Cannata as the #3. I say re-sign Hamburgler for the #3 role... with Varly’s injuries (and Bernier too if he comes back), Hammond would likely be up half the season anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad