GDT: Game 5: Avs @ Flames | 8 PM MT | April 19th, 2019

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
This feels so, so sweet! Just two years ago things looked very bleak and now this team is in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Just amazing.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kerfy may have murdered someone with his eyes last night

Attachments

• 33C07192-C482-4151-AFAB-09F98A340D85.png
    33C07192-C482-4151-AFAB-09F98A340D85.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 462

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Cool. I don't really take the game as seriously as most, so I'll be avoiding our board for a while. I'm sorry you can't accept an opposing fan congratulating you on your win and having to act arrogant, kicking them while they're down. Won't label the rest of your fan base the same as you though.

Cheers to everyone else and good luck in round two

You have our apologies that a poster had to represent us when you came in and offered a sincere congratulations. Just know that they do not represent all of us (as you indicated).

It was a hard fought series, and while we may not have a “like” for certain players on the Flames (as I’m sure we have players that did not endear themselves to Flames fans), I think they’re players we would not mind having in Colorado (Sam Bennett immediately comes to mind).

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
This team doesn't do too well with long periods of time off. So I wouldn't be surprised if we are a bit off in game 1 of the next round.

When we get back into it and get into a rhythm of playing every other day this team is f***ing lights out. I don't care what happened with VGK/SJ in the regular season, our team is coming together at the right time and if we have another 17-7 run like we did at the start of the year we will be lifting the best trophy in sports.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This team doesn't do too well with long periods of time off. So I wouldn't be surprised if we are a bit off in game 1 of the next round.

When we get back into it and get into a rhythm of playing every other day this team is ****ing lights out. I don't care what happened with VGK/SJ in the regular season, our team is coming together at the right time and if we have another 17-7 run like we did at the start of the year we will be lifting the best trophy in sports.

The NHL is borrowing the Jules Rimet this year? :sarcasm:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I was drunk last night and posted some random comment on Flames boards. I hope I did not get banned. I thought I was posting on this board. I got a red screen, I just posted for Avs. Crazy admins, so sensitive.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Just stopped by to say congrats. Your patience during the rebuild is being rewarded. Best of luck the rest of the way this year and moving forward.

Cheers!

Here's to hoping that Hughes is the piece to really bring it together in New Jersey. Also thank you for being in the Eastern Conference while drafting him.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Yeah, I lost all respect I had for him in this round. Lets his team, coach and fans down and then he can't even lose with dignity. Just an overrated clown.

I'm a bit scared MacKinnon will be suspended for his "moment". That was ugly. Overall it was a good game and a great series, though. I love how Makar makes every line dangerous now. He looked good defensively, too. Round two will be much more difficult but this team is well built now. I'd probably sit Cole to get Girard back in the lineup, especially if we play the Knights, but I'm glad it won't be my decision. Still, I can't wait to see a PP2 unit with Girard and Makar on it.

I'd sit Andrighetto. And be completely ok if Brassard is not ready to go.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
What a POS Johnny Hockey is chirping the refs in the handshake line and after as he skates by. The refs didnt cost the Flames the series not even close to it.

I'm pretty sure the refs cost the Flames the series! They won 50 games in the regular season and we only won 38. We only had one player show up and the rest of the Avalanche were useless as Mack had all of our goals, assists and saves in net. Not sure what you saw that makes you say otherwise.

/sarcasm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad