Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Hope it's a Good Friday.

yXwgOKF.jpg

*Lineups unconfirmed.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Watch for Bednar to pair Makar with Barrie if we need a spark on offense from the back end or in some O zone situations. Those two killed it together last game. The fLames can't handle our speed on the back end.

Reactions: AvsWraith and Avs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watch for Bednar to pair Makar with Barrie if we need a spark on offense from the back end or in some O zone situations. Those two killed it together last game. The fLames can't handle our speed on the back end.

Nah, too small. Barrie has to play with Zads, Cole or Nemeth. No way a Girard-Barrie pairing could survive, much less in the playoffs :sarcasm:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

This is my dream top pairing of the future. Just an absolute buzzsaw pairing holding onto the puck and driving possession all day. It's kind of what this team wants Girard and EJ to be, and I think the timing (with EJ's decline) is going to make us miss the boat for those two to be as effective. But these two? Makabarrie? Barkar? Let's do it.

(@cgf don't crush my dreams)

Reactions: cgf

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
Let's Go!

On the one hand, I want a game 6 here at home. On the other hand, just go ahead and choke the Flames out

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This is going to be Makars coming out game.

He's had flashes (and a goal), but I think if Bednar keeps using him regularly, he's going to get some good chances.

Bold take, I know lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oiler fan again here to cheer your Avalanche on to an untamed victory over the heathen Flames, whose rats cowered in their cages last game with fear. Tonight, with the Flames ship burning totally out of control and No Show Gaudreau and Vanilla Ice Monahan just sitting in their easy chairs ( a high chair in the case of No Show ) watching things burn, we expect the Avs to take care of business!

Tonight, expect the rats to burst out of their cages in a desperate panic trying to avoid the inevitable, cheered on by their fans, most of whom are recent released from federal prison on charges that if repeated, would no doubt have me banned from the forum. The ‘cowboys” as they are, you can always smell them before you see them, and when you see them instantly recognize them in their bright red pajamas with the C for Coward, their mottled hair and toothless grins dead giveaways for the trailer trash that is the Calgary Flames fan base.

Have no fear when you walk into the rats den tonight, as a two goal Avalanche lead will have the toothless throng turn on their rats and boo them into submission. Beware of wandering knees and arms grabbing at players feet by the rats team Captain and Chief Slew Footer. Escaped convict Bennett will be tossing rights from the safety of the referees, and Anne Hathaway will be hitting from behind at every chance he gets like the gloves welded on coward that he is.

And Tkachuky Turtle, will he come out of his shell for even a few minutes or will he remained cowed inside his turtle shell? Methinks he will sally forth and in Mangiapane Greaseball like fashion run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to cause mayhem after every whistle. The sincere wish of every hockey fan that does not live in a barn, hence live in Calgary, is that Tkachuky Turtles head is separated from his body, so he can be the physical representation of said chicken with its head cut off. If the Avalanche could make that happen the Hockey Gods would no doubt be eternally grateful and award your team a birth in the Stanley Cup Final.

Wishing you the best tonight,

Oiler Fans and All Good Natured Hockey Fans Worldwide.

Go Avs!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oiler fans in here being straight savages and I'm just here like "alright, man". :laugh:

Yeah, I don't think I hated the Wild that hard even in the heat of Barrie taking a Cooke to the knee :laugh:

...the stazi-loving pig-f***ers who support BFC Dynamo, on the other hand...

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleRisto

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Oiler fan again here to cheer your Avalanche on to an untamed victory over the heathen Flames, whose rats cowered in their cages last game with fear. Tonight, with the Flames ship burning totally out of control and No Show Gaudreau and Vanilla Ice Monahan just sitting in their easy chairs ( a high chair in the case of No Show ) watching things burn, we expect the Avs to take care of business!

Tonight, expect the rats to burst out of their cages in a desperate panic trying to avoid the inevitable, cheered on by their fans, most of whom are recent released from federal prison on charges that if repeated, would no doubt have me banned from the forum. The ‘cowboys” as they are, you can always smell them before you see them, and when you see them instantly recognize them in their bright red pajamas with the C for Coward, their mottled hair and toothless grins dead giveaways for the trailer trash that is the Calgary Flames fan base.

Have no fear when you walk into the rats den tonight, as a two goal Avalanche lead will have the toothless throng turn on their rats and boo them into submission. Beware of wandering knees and arms grabbing at players feet by the rats team Captain and Chief Slew Footer. Escaped convict Bennett will be tossing rights from the safety of the referees, and Anne Hathaway will be hitting from behind at every chance he gets like the gloves welded on coward that he is.

And Tkachuky Turtle, will he come out of his shell for even a few minutes or will he remained cowed inside his turtle shell? Methinks he will sally forth and in Mangiapane Greaseball like fashion run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to cause mayhem after every whistle. The sincere wish of every hockey fan that does not live in a barn, hence live in Calgary, is that Tkachuky Turtles head is separated from his body, so he can be the physical representation of said chicken with its head cut off. If the Avalanche could make that happen the Hockey Gods would no doubt be eternally grateful and award your team a birth in the Stanley Cup Final.

Wishing you the best tonight,

Oiler Fans and All Good Natured Hockey Fans Worldwide.

Go Avs!

source.gif

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Game 5 in Calgary with them in a must win situation? I won't be surprised in the least to see this go 6.

Though I said similar before game 4 when they got embarassed in game 3.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm going to reiterate something that Henchy pointed out to me (I mean I noticed it, but not in realtime as I was too on edge from the game lol):

With the last-change at home, Bednar went out and did strength vs. strength and put MacKinnon out against Backlund quite a bit. So unless Peters wants to change that up (which I'd think would be a mistake), then I'd expect to see that, and MacKinnon's line hasn't necessarily been held in check so far.

So yeah, the interesting thing will be how Bednar deploys the defensemen.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hey BUD, do us a favor and take that negativity somewhere else. Alright, PAL? We are in it to win it. Series ends tonight, FRIEND.
Hey FRIEND, I'm doing all of us a favour by bringing this negativity, do you not remember that was the key to our winnings during the season, PAL? Series goes 6, BUD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad