JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Cause im easy come, easy go

Little high

FB0DB0B6-5DB3-4EB2-A5FD-A530D600AC57.jpeg.d9522883cdba922c9e6bb5726dc064bd.jpeg

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oilers... a total mystery for me, I have expected them winning for years now, the break through. All Canadian teams have great passioned fans, Oilers no exception.
Just 1 more pick.

In all seriousness, they are the best example of outdated management. Hiring friends. Squandering talent.

Lots of bad luck with goalies aswell.

Reactions: MacBradley and 21

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The question now is, do we want the Sharks-Vegas series to go to 7 games or get it over with asap because Avs always come out flat after long breaks.

Their next game is Sunday to begin with, if Sharks win, game 7 will be Tuesday, so that means Avs next round will start on Thursday. I think that's too long of a break
You want to play the Sharks.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
God, still on Cloud Nine after that win. I'm still kind of in disbelief as well. Not only did the Avs win, but this was no fluke. They flat-out DOMINATED in games 2-5. The Flames tended to rattle them a bit and throw them off in the regular season--nothin' doin' this time though.

So glad they not only advanced for the first time in 11 years, they did it against the team that's given them fits for years, including what I still believe to be the worst regular season loss in Avalanche history, you know which one I'm talking about.

Whatever happens from here on out is Unicorn-powered gravy with a side of left pad fairy dust. So f***ing thrilled with this team right now. I've said so many times on these boards that ALL I want to see is this team make progress toward the goal of becoming a contender again.

This. Is. Progress.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
God, still on Cloud Nine after that win. I'm still kind of in disbelief as well. Not only did the Avs win, but this was no fluke. They flat-out DOMINATED in games 2-5. The Flames tended to rattle them a bit and throw them off in the regular season--nothin' doin' this time though.

So glad they not only advanced for the first time in 11 years, they did it against the team that's given them fits for years, including what I still believe to be the worst regular season loss in Avalanche history, you know which one I'm talking about.

Whatever happens from here on out is Unicorn-powered gravy with a side of left pad fairy dust. So ****ing thrilled with this team right now. I've said so many times on these boards that ALL I want to see is this team make progress toward the goal of becoming a contender again.

This. Is. Progress.

I still don't fully believe in this teams depth, but I believe a lot more in their forward core, and their defensive unit.

Also, nothing will make you trust in a goalie like consistently high level play in the post season. Its really easy to forgive Grubs for his regular season when he's actually proven capable of doing something Varly has struggled with. You cant say he didn't have to make big saves either.

I think Grubs is actually not getting enough credit in the media. A very Crawford like performance of high level consistency. It gives me a lot of confidence he can dial himself in for a solid regular season as a starter, and he answered the question as to his ability to perform in high pressure situations.

Fun times, and the teams character overall really impressed. We knew the high end skill was there, but it's nice that it seems mixed with an impact mentality. Which is seemingly something our opponents stars are going to have to develop.

Very proud

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This. Is. Progress.

True. This season was probably the first time in the cap era that the team had positive advanced stats for fairly long stretches (even in losses) and a defense that's at least league average on paper. Dominating the way they did in round 1, we had not seen that in many, many years. That wasn't luck like in Roy's first year, that wasn't unsustainable. That was us simply being the better team and it was f***ing awesome to watch.

I really hated winning while being the worst team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad