AA -3
LGD -3

Nemeth 3 GVA
Bert 3 GVA

on a positive note:
On a positive note:
- DLR with a nice goal
- Abby with a nice setup on Helm's goal
- Helm scored in 2 consecutive games for the first time in forever.
- Green looked like he was awake this game. He looked like complete garbage against Montreal. I have not seen him wind up like that in a while.
- First line had their chances, hit metal again though.
- They kept the Leafs' top 2 lines off the board

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Tell you what...Hirose has crept up my list of players to remove from the lineup specifically because I wasn’t sold on him coming into the season. He didn’t seem to really outplay anyone, but got the nod. With that waiver eligibility and Nielsen is set to return on the road trip, I would hope Svechnikov rotates in and Hirose might catch a quick ride back to GR.

He still looks physically behind the curve, and mentally he doesn’t look the same. What made him so effective last year was how quick his decisions came. He had his mind made up before the puck was on his stick; this year it feels like he’s making an effort to be patient and hold the puck for an extra beat, and it’s just allowing a checker to close the distance and take his options away.
Every time Hirose gets the puck he gets bodied and has to make a last resort play like dumping it or making the obvious pass. If this continues he should be sent down.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m really waiting for Athanasiou to have his season kick started.

Been kind of underwhelming. Don’t remember any real dangerous opportunities with his fingerprints on them. Seeing him get caught at the top of the defensive zone, relying on himself a little too much are things I’m anticipating always being around, but so were the offensive chances that he could create.

Reactions: TheMule93

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I’m really waiting for Athanasiou to have his season kick started.

Been kind of underwhelming. Don’t remember any real dangerous opportunities with his fingerprints on them. Seeing him get caught at the top of the defensive zone, relying on himself a little too much are things I’m anticipating always being around, but so were the offensive chances that he could create.
I think part of it is his linemates. Glendening has been doing well forechecking and playing defense, but Hirose has not been setting up AA like we hoped he would. I think Filppula would be a much better fit than Hirose.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
A lot of overreactions going on here, y'all remember this team is rebuilding right? send Cholo down for one bad game? very few defenseman are actually good defensively their first few seasons, let him learn

the positives I saw was that the Wings kept the leafs big guns off the board and more impressive was they didn't bleed scoring chances on the PK to them either. Also the fourth line isn't looking completely useless this season.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I will reluctantly watch the "highlights". Last I was able to check in Wings were down 2-1. Looks like they slid into an abyss and I didn't even get Matthews fantasy points out of it.

I did get to watch Ouellet put the nail in his own teams coffin by deflecting a puck into his own empty net in AHL action. That was something. I guess.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I think part of it is his linemates. Glendening has been doing well forechecking and playing defense, but Hirose has not been setting up AA like we hoped he would. I think Filppula would be a much better fit than Hirose.
agree about taco , never been a fan . but dont want flip there either = no creativity or hands . ide rather try erne there because i already know for sure flip doesnt bring much to the attack

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

We saw it late that Erne replaces Hirose on that second line. Maybe it’s Val when Nielsen returns. I think it would be worth getting Svechnikov dressed and give him a chance to make a statement

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
agree about taco , never been a fan . but dont want flip there either = no creativity or hands . ide rather try erne there because i already know for sure flip doesnt bring much to the attack
Wouldn't mind Erne either. I'd rather commit to the fact that it's going to be a checking 3rd line + AA than try and squeeze 2nd line production out of Hirose. Erne and Glenny could be AA's foot soldiers, doing all the hard work and just giving him the puck to do the rest, lol.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I mean, the game was much closer than the score shows. They had every chance to win this one.

I agree, stats may suggest otherwise but this year's team is still an improvement from last year so far. They are dangerous, better defensively and have moments that they take over the game.. Even if they are brief. This team should be fun just from a hard working standpoint and the top line and Hronek are fun to watch develop.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
DeKeyser might be the softest NHL player in its history. Everyone pushes him out of the way, he looks like a f*****g Mite out there. Not only that, but he was a turnover machine tonight. That's not shocking, I was more shocked that he hadn't looked all that bad this year through 3 games.

He needs to play somewhere else. It's difficult for me to enjoy watching the Wings when he's not on IR. If the Wings carry him into a serious playoff series, they will be sorry.

Reactions: Grimm

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Right now, line 1 is playing well.
Line 4 is playing well.
The middle six is a disaster.
Last year, the underlying numbers showed the AA-Hirose-Glendening line was not good.
This year, it's not just the underlying numbers.
We've got Svechnikov....
Use him

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Flip-Svech
Hirose-Glendog-Ehn (Erne)
Helm-DLR-Abby

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
DeKeyser might be the softest NHL player in its history. Everyone pushes him out of the way, he looks like a f*****g Mite out there. Not only that, but he was a turnover machine tonight. That's not shocking, I was more shocked that he hadn't looked all that bad this year through 3 games.

He needs to play somewhere else. It's difficult for me to enjoy watching the Wings when he's not on IR. If the Wings carry him into a serious playoff series, they will be sorry.

Nah, he has looked good playing with Hronek. They have been probably the only bright spot on defense. Take your misplaced outrage somewhere else.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings had a bad game and still could have won, while completely shutting down their 50 million dollar overpaid top six Leafs. Mantha still beasted them with some sneaky ringers off the goal posts. Howard had a brain fart and got scored on by some scrub. What a freebie.

Wings are supposed to draft top 5, while Toronto is supposed to make the playoffs. Toronto (assuming they even make the playoffs) will no doubt get ejected in the 1st round again. They have way too many holes and are too top heavy. Pretty much any hard working playoff team will grind them out.

And WTF is up with Maple Leafs getting so many gifted power plays for nothings? They get away with everything! Wings had what 1 PP?

Abdelkader should most definitely get a suspension for the hit to the head... leading with the shoulder is a no-no.

Reactions: aar000n

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Blash mentioned 2 days ago that Nielsen "should be available in Vancouver (Tuesday)"

L1
AA-Nielsen-Svech
Erne-Flip- (Ehn & Hirose sit)
L4

run 7D:

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Green
...........Biega (against his former club)
Cholo-Bowey

We're 1 of 12 teams w/3 ROWs. 18 teams have 2 or less, of those 18, 9 have 5gp, we have .600 Win%, not bad to start for a rebuilding lottery team. Ranked tied for 11th PK (84.6), which is pretty good. I consider 85% or better to be "good".

Last edited:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Nah, he has looked good playing with Hronek. They have been probably the only bright spot on defense. Take your misplaced outrage somewhere else.

Well I didn't know you were the authority here.

My deepest apologies for not running the post by you first. Do you have any recommendations on where I should take said rage? Thanks in advance, guy with a awesome SN!

Also, when's the next DeKeyser reunion?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Also we need a Team Prop for player of the game, I think they just use a puck. Canadiens use a sword! (what could go wrong?)

upload_2019-10-12_23-53-53.png

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Svechnikov should be given a chance next game, why call him up if youre not going to use him, especially when he needs to be playing to gain confidence back. I agree with those say Hirose should sit, he hasnt been horrible but he definitely hasnt been playing like he did last season in his short stint.

Reactions: aar000n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad