GDT: Game 5: 10/12/2019 - Detroit Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Leafs

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
way i see choski is hes got offensive talent and good skating but needs a few years of mental and physical development . but at that time he'll become a top 4 dman that can basically play in all situations but'll never be a brute force type d , more finess .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think Cholowski is better than last year. Team is better ,that's all.
I don't like AHL as develop for 18 years old. Not much skills there , but physicality NHL level. There are nobody there to learn from. SHL, KHL, college are better place to develop your skills, but for grinders it just place.

There is no evidence to support your conclusion

Last season, 856 AHL alumni played in the National Hockey League – 86.9 percent of all NHL players – including 328 who skated in both leagues last year alone.

660 AHL grads begin 2018-19 season on NHL rosters

So when the number is 87% of the league has played there and it is the same size ice surface as they are going to play on in the NHL. I don't think there is a better place for development for an aspiring NHL player period, so I could not disagree more. Until Seider can play on his backhand more efficiently I am not a fan of subjecting him to a NHL forecheck, they are going to route him to making plays on it in a hurry and start crunching him in the corners. When he starts to look better at that, I will be happy to champion a call up. He still has some things to work on and is at the appropriate station currently in my opinion. He has played three games down there, I do expect him in Detroit next year from what I have seen thus far though.

If he stays under 9 games we get to slide his ELC which is a positive as well in terms of the timeline of how quickly we need to get him up here.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cholowski causes his own problems. He's a giveaway machine under pressure.

Most of goals against, Bowey or Daley lost their own man and Cholowski is there alone against 2 opposite players.

Just bring Seider and Biega and send Cholowski and Bowey to GR. Cholowski wasn't good at all and couple games for Seider in NHL will help kid a lot to develop

No reason to start creating problems with 4 RhDs. You can bring Seider up, but for Bowey.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just bring Seider and Biega and send Cholowski and Bowey to GR. Cholowski wasn't good at all and couple games for Seider in NHL will help kid a lot to develop
Bowey won't clear waivers, some other team will pick him up as 7D, because he;s right handed and there's enough there that some team will take a chance. Not to mention that the team will need him next year since the team won't re-sign Daley, BigE, or Green. He's only looked bad when paired with Cholo, the team really shouldn't be pairing two inexperienced Dmen anyways. That's bad coaching. Waiving Bowey is a decision that needs to be made later, not now.

If anyone needs to be sent down, it should be Hirose or Ehn, unless they manage to get their game together in the next few games. Those 2 have not impressed, and neitehr has Flip and Cholo. (Ehn does PK well though, so at least he serves a purpose, but I think the team has enough PKers without him.) Other than that, everyone else is playing at or above what I expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->