GDT: Game 49: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets / 5 PM / Reginald Dwight Edition

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Like I said, they eliminated the drop breakout that was the core for so long, they've switched up the personnel. What is the issue? Is it running the first liners out while they're cold?
The passing is too hesitant and guys without the puck aren't forcing the defense to move by roving around and looking for passing lanes. Players with the puck sit and stare and wait for things to happen. It's a far too stationary powerplay. Teams are just able to park the bus on us with a four man collapse with one guy half pressing the puck carrier and none of our skaters without the puck are exploiting that at least one of them at a time aren't marked defensively. It's a sleepy powerplay strategy and a sleepy powerplay is not going to be dangerous. It's the same thing plaguing Anaheim and Los Angeles' powerplays. You need to get the defenders moving so they can get out of position to put fear into the goalie.

Reactions: hangman005

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The passing is too hesitant and guys without the puck aren't forcing the defense to move by roving around and looking for passing lanes. Players with the puck sit and stare and wait for things to happen. It's a far too stationary powerplay. Teams are just able to park the bus on us with a four man collapse with one guy half pressing the puck carrier and none of our skaters without the puck are exploiting that at least one of them at a time aren't marked defensively. It's a sleepy powerplay strategy and a sleepy powerplay is not going to be dangerous. It's the same thing plaguing Anaheim and Los Angeles' powerplays. You need to get the defenders moving so they can get out of position to put fear into the goalie.
It seems like they play into the defensive strategy of just collapsing around the net. They're happy to give us the boards and blueline knowing we're not going to score. It's the same thing that happened with the team in general in the early season, except then we didn't even have a "scoring threat" (scare quote used deliberately) to provide a threat to consider at the line.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It seems like they play into the defensive strategy of just collapsing around the net. They're happy to give us the boards and blueline knowing we're not going to score. It's the same thing that happened with the team in general in the early season, except then we didn't even have a "scoring threat" (scare quote used deliberately) to provide a threat to consider at the line.
In other words, they don't fear the blue line for us because they know there's nobody in front of the net to score on those shots, and there's nobody to deflect the shots they know aren't a threat. They can just hang out and block shots and passing lanes.

Am I seeing what others are seeing?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's why everyone needs to be moving their feet a lot more. I don't understand what our PP coach is doing in practice but in today's NHL that's what you have to do. You have to create discord for the opposing defense and goalie. And as you do, make smart passes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In other words, they don't fear the blue line for us because they know there's nobody in front of the net to score on those shots, and there's nobody to deflect the shots they know aren't a threat. They can just hang out and block shots and passing lanes.

Am I seeing what others are seeing?
Yes I'm seeing that too but I think that's only half the story..

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Even that little thing, a pass from Schmidt in the deep D end, and instead of setting up a play, they just get the deflection/pass to get it deep/dump and set something up instead of taking time for a real pass.

We're not a good dump and chase team, fellas. Take the extra time and get a forward to the line for developing a play/scoring chance instead of getting it deep and digging it out from their Dman along the boards.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Gstupid.gif

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Stream killed the PS4, reload, nhl app still doesn't work, see the posts here indicating that the team is eating ass.

I'm taking a walk. This is my day off, I require no stress. I'll listen to D'Uva on the phone while I walk to the 7-Eleven and enjoy this more.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fire whoever runs the powerplay. Or at least smack them in the head with a phonebook.

You have a 5 on 3 and everyone just stands still. It's un f***ing believable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad