GDT: Game 49: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets / 5 PM / Reginald Dwight Edition

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SinBin: There's nothing wrong with Vegas' PP other than not being able to finish.

Yeah if you don't count decision making, shot selection, pacing and active skating even without the puck it's all gravy.
Entering the zone... maintaining the zone. I mean aside from everything about it... there's nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: HanSolo

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
First SHG had to come sometime, but really?

GFrednot happy.gif

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I seriously can't figure out what's wrong with the PP.

We tried the no drop PP, we tried changing it up. Are we seriously just undervaluing Miller?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Maybe the Jets are putting us on the power play on purpose? Seems like a winning strategy for them.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I seriously can't figure out what's wrong with the PP.

We tried the no drop PP, we tried changing it up. Are we seriously just undervaluing Miller?
I think right now they need to simplify it.... Get in and shoot.... don't spend 3 hours trying to set up.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think right now they need to simplify it.... Get in and shoot.... don't spend 3 hours trying to set up.
Like I said, they eliminated the drop breakout that was the core for so long, they've switched up the personnel. What is the issue? Is it running the first liners out while they're cold?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
At least in that one, it seems like they gravitate to the blue line, and then in front of the net they should have scored.

They're all over the point and the line and let the killers on the other side camp in front of the net. They never seem to get into the juicy scoring areas.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think you were right earlier @HanSolo No ones moving, the D don't need to do much, and the goalies know what we are going to do before we do.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Seriously, someone dissect the PP for me.

Other than staying on the perimeter, which seemed to work previously, I don't see what's going wrong.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Even if they get a dude in front of the net, it seems like they can't keep shots away from the killers shinpads.

It's like the forwards aren't getting deep enough, and when the do get deep they stay behind the net and default to the perimeter and blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad