GDT: Game #49 | St. Louis Blues @ Washington Capitals | 12PM CST | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
way to grind it out and win while super shorthanded. big 2 points. Doesn't look like Pittsburgh is doing us any favors today

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Big win.

If Cole can maintain the level he has shown this week, then he is an everyday player now. Consistency has always been his problem, but he has the tools to be a good player.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Fantastic game. You're missing three top 9 forwards, your 2nd best defenseman, and have two players who barely belong in the NHL (Rattie and Lindstrom) and you still pull out 4 goals to get the win. Very solid performance.

Oshie stepped up huge today, both offensively and physically - he was a machine out there. Steen, too. And once again the 4th-line was clutch - Reaves and Ott did a nice job hammering the Caps when they got the chance.

Also I thought Ian Cole did a great job stepping up and had a good game. Keep it up, bud.

That game could have turned out real ugly for us but wow what a way to battle on the road. I'm very happy with that performance.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Really good game all around, hard fought, deserved win.
Still impressed with the 5 min kill, our 4th line guys are simply awesome and Cole played a heck of a game as well.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Have to work tonight so I just woke up, forgot about the game being so early, damn it. Lets Go Blues!

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
OTT, oshie and Steen with hm to Elliott, goc, and more. I actual y might vote OTT, oshie, Elliott. Really is hard to pick 3.

If I'm to be consistent, Backes gets a game suspension. I don't want to see those preventable dangerous hits in the game.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I'm exhausted. Intense game. Now on to worrying about the teams health and if something happens to Backes. Could be a tough road forward. But great team effort today.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues lead the league in goals per game along with Tampa, our next opponent.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Next game (assuming Backes suspension and Berglund healthy):

Tarasenko-Steen-Oshie
Schwartz-Stastny-Jaskin
Lindstrom-Berglund-Rattie
Ott-Goc-Reaves

The top line in this scenario looked really good today.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Big win.

If Cole can maintain the level he has shown this week, then he is an everyday player now. Consistency has always been his problem, but he has the tools to be a good player.

He played just about 21 minutes of solid Top 4 level defence today. The confidence from that should carry over to his continued play.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues (TOI)

Code:
Steen (22:39) - Backes (10:07) - Oshie (18:55)
Schwartz (18:19) - Stastny (19:50) - Tarasenko (16:52)
Rattie (8:32) - Lindström (6:10) - Jaskin (11:02)
Ott (15:05) - Goc (15:16) - Reaves (12:17)

Jbo (24:25) - Pietro (32:15)
Gunnar 17:06) - Shattery (2:26)
Jackman (18:03) - Cole (20:42)

I think this is quite nice win on road game against Caps without Lehterä, Berglund, Backes and Shattery. Huge step up by Cole tonight. That 3rd line was quite on 'shadows' all the time without that Jaskin goal. I liked how our 4th line can handle bigger icetime and that fear when they are on ice its going to automatic goal own net.

What comes to Rattie he is way off to be NHL'er. Ofc only 2 GP, but still I don't see him as real deal 3rd liner. Maybe we could use him on trade deadline. I don't know, but I got feeling he was much faster last season to compare what I have now seen him playing, maybe I'm wrong with that. I remember I compared him as a quick as Schwartz last season. Idk. I'm bit disappoint him effort in skating.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Next game (assuming Backes suspension and Berglund healthy):

Tarasenko-Steen-Oshie
Schwartz-Stastny-Jaskin
Lindstrom-Berglund-Rattie
Ott-Goc-Reaves

The top line in this scenario looked really good today.

That 3rd line looks really scary from a Blues' perspective. I'd play them as the 4th Line, and the Goc line as 3rd. Ott and Goc played 15 minutes, and played very well. Reaves played 12.5 min, and played very well in all zones. Lindström played only 6, and was the cause of some defensive lapses and scoring chances for The Caps. Rattie didn't do too badly on defence (holding his own), but he's a rookie, and still getting used to his linemates, and subject to rookie mistakes.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Just a great, fun win today. Maybe best of the year.

The Capitals were pumped up and the depleted Blues somehow outplayed them.

The last 4-5 minutes of the game were beautiful. They didn't collapse, they didn't go into a shell. Instead the Oshie-Steen-Tank line had a great shift with 1:30 left to hold the puck in the Caps zone and get several chances. Then Pietrangelo outworked a couple of Caps players, including Ovi, to get the puck out of the zone with about 30 seconds left.

Great team win today. Elliott was superb in net. Pietrangelo and Cole were outstanding on the backend. Ott/Reaves/Goc were fantastic. Those boys are stepping up in a big way.

This might be the best Blues team I have ever seen. There's tremendous depth and a tremendous compete level.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It helped that it was the Caps 4th game in 6 days and played their backup goalie. Not sure if that's worse than playing 2 players down and being without Lehtera and Bergs. Playing 2 players down is really difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00