Not open for further replies.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Kevin Shattenkirk injury in 1st.

Alex Ovetchkin blows up Alex Pietrangelo

Alexander Steen sweet rebound PPG 1-0

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Lol refs didn't see it = didn't happen = we can get back to talking about that thug Backes

Don't get me wrong, as I hate the "you've never played hockey" argument, but I also wonder if some people even watch the game. :laugh:

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
David Backes Boarding major on Karl Alzner

Alex Ovechkin one timer slapshot PPG 1-1

Alexander Steen wrist shot goal 2-1

Brian Elliott robs Alex Ovechkin 2x.

Scrum in 2nd, T.J. Oshie, Eric Fehr.

Alex Ovechkin wicked wrister goal 2-2

Dmitrij Jaskin wrist shot goal 3-2

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Elliott made some really big saves in that game. If the Blues had fallen behind, I'm not so sure they would be able to dig their way out. It was a solid team win, and one of the more fun games to watch this season. But I have to admit that I don't mind not playing Washington again this season. They treated this game as a measuring stick, and amped up their physical play. I think we saw Washington's 'A' game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Washington definitely tried to play a heavy game. While I don't think that's Stl's go to play style anymore, they dished it back and handled Washington's checking well

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
This is 100% guesswork, let me make that clear first and foremost.

I personally don't think he was injured when he hit the boards, I think the injury caused him to hit the boards. He was skating alongside Ovi, and then his right foot slipped out from under him. Instead of digging into the ice, it just slid along the top like his skates were dull. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's a groin injury. Again, total guess.
It looked to me at the time like he might have caught a rut in the ice. I'm hoping he just tweaked his knee or his groin, but it was bad enough that they didn't let him play the rest of the game and he was apparently still limping in the locker room after the game.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Elliott made some really big saves in that game. If the Blues had fallen behind, I'm not so sure they would be able to dig their way out. It was a solid team win, and one of the more fun games to watch this season. But I have to admit that I don't mind not playing Washington again this season. They treated this game as a measuring stick, and amped up their physical play. I think we saw Washington's 'A' game.

Not sure it was their "A" game when they played the day before, and it was their 4th game in 6 days and they played their backup goalie who isn't very good. Just glad the Blues got the "W".

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
It looked to me at the time like he might have caught a rut in the ice. I'm hoping he just tweaked his knee or his groin, but it was bad enough that they didn't let him play the rest of the game and he was apparently still limping in the locker room after the game.

Agreed. Seemed like Shattenkirk hit a rut and turned his ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00