Post-Game Talk: Game 49: Knights @ Sens 4:30 p.m. Deboer Debut Edition

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think what @LadyStanley is referencing is DeBoer’s first day & the additional eyes on him as he meets his new team. IIRC, Pete has worked with some of the Flint coaching staff in the past.

No worries he's not out there and neither is half the team.

Make of this what you will. I see it as they want a cooling off period, because it's strange to not have a new coach with his whole team at a morning skate.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Make of this what you will. I see it as they want a cooling off period, because it's strange to not have a new coach with his whole team at a morning skate.

Especially in the midst of a do or die road swing.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
In the hockey world, canning your coach without helping him with a trade for a much needed Dman(rather they hindered him by trading players away), not firing assistants first or even giving him the chance to get his team back in playoff contention -

- is doing your coach dirty.

They should have made a small trade for a dman, fired Kelly and promoted Rocky Thompson to assistant coach, then gone from there. Who knows, maybe they wanted to fire Kelly and Gallant told them to fire him but it doesn't sound like it.

Eh. That's some type of perceived privilege a coach should get according to arbitrary rules. Hockey and all sports have these unwritten rules, even though this isn't really one as coaches get fired without it. If they want to fire him, they fire him. Nothing dirty about it.

It's the second time this has happened to Gallant and he hasn't had more than two and a half years anywhere so far. I think something is to be said that there could be more behind the scenes.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I highly doubt it. There's probably some logistical reason, this all happened very fast.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I do wonder how our centers will be rolled with Bill out. Stastny or Stephenson at 1C? Roy at 3C or will Pete put Eakin there?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I do wonder how our centers will be rolled with Bill out. Stastny or Stephenson at 1C? Roy at 3C or will Pete put Eakin there?

If it were me, I'd go Stephenson, Stastny, Eakin, Roy.

Or better yet, put a football helmet on Glass and push him out onto the ice.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

They have to, Karlsson and Glass are not in the lineup. We only have twelve forwards unless they want to play Merrill at forward again and scratch Eakin for him lol.

I'm guessing Eakin at 3C with Carrier on the wing and Stephenson for Karlsson. Roy fourth line wing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So Karlsson's been playing with a fractured wrist, Schmidt has a bum knee that needs surgery, Eakin & Tuch don't know what planet they're on and Stastny has a ruptured walnut.

Other than that everyone is relatively healthy. No excuses.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So Karlsson's been playing with a fractured wrist, Schmidt has a bum knee that needs surgery, Eakin & Tuch don't know what planet they're on and Stastny has a ruptured walnut.

Other than that everyone is relatively healthy. No excuses.

Is that the info, fractured wrist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad