Jun 24, 2013
That game sucked. Here guys, enjoy some Pandas

source.gif

BothTediousDotterel-small.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
OTOH, DeBore is 0-1 as VGK head coach after this game, so it isn't all bad. How many times would he have to lose in a row for the McGMs to cut the line and bring in someone from the Arsenal to coach the team?

Honestly, I'm so against this change that I would cheer the players for mailing it in till he gets fired.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
OTOH, DeBore is 0-1 as VGK head coach after this game, so it isn't all bad. How many times would he have to lose in a row for the McGMs to cut the line and bring in someone from the Arsenal to coach the team?

Honestly, I'm so against this change that I would cheer the players for mailing it in till he gets fired.

Never. Not one person is above the team. Everything they have done is with the intention of winning, it could be wrong but it's not a Melnyk I don't care about winning scenario.

Also, this is like hoping for a downturn in the economy because you don't like who is in charge, actually it's like hoping those in power intentionally sabotage it to remove a leader, a lot of fallout from that would be awful and is a very arrogant, yet also self-defeating attitude.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Never. Not one person is above the team. Everything they have done is with the intention of winning, it could be wrong but it's not a Melnyk I don't care about winning scenario.

Also, this is like hoping for a downturn in the economy because you don't like who is in charge, actually it's like hoping those in power intentionally sabotage it to remove a leader, a lot of fallout from that would be awful and is a very arrogant, yet also self-defeating attitude.

At this moment, I don't care. So much was said about getting the right character and treating them right. I've seen them treat neither Gerrard nor their fans right.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
At this moment, I don't care. So much was said about getting the right character and treating them right. I've seen them treat neither Gerrard nor their fans right.

I don't think they've treated Gallant poorly. They fired him, he works for them it's always a possibility. They still have to pay him.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
In even more tragic news, I could be without Internet for a week as settlement day for my house approaches. But boy am I glad I missed us getting blown out in this way.... That careless turnover by Eakin after Marchy whiffed on the open net that made it 16-0 was just depressing

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't think they've treated Gallant poorly. They fired him, he works for them it's always a possibility. They still have to pay him.

In the hockey world, canning your coach without helping him with a trade for a much needed Dman(rather they hindered him by trading players away), not firing assistants first or even giving him the chance to get his team back in playoff contention -

- is doing your coach dirty.

They should have made a small trade for a dman, fired Kelly and promoted Rocky Thompson to assistant coach, then gone from there. Who knows, maybe they wanted to fire Kelly and Gallant told them to fire him but it doesn't sound like it.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

More pressure for first day

I really doubt they feel any sort of preasure from an OHL team watching them lol. Wonder if it's normal for OHL teams to do this, I think it would be as to show them how an NHL team practices and perhaps learn something from watching it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think what @LadyStanley is referencing is DeBoer’s first day & the additional eyes on him as he meets his new team. IIRC, Pete has worked with some of the Flint coaching staff in the past.

I think that aspect of practice will be "business as usual" At any rate, to coach Vegas, you need to get used to working in a fishbowl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad