Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - In 20 seconds a win becomes a loss - Sunrise 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Some people are never happy. Its almost as if people think this is EA Sports NHL on easy mode every season and the Bruins players should all be boosted to 99 overall and never lose a game ever in the history of the team
Well, that’s what that commercial they’ve been running lately says.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Been lurking here for a while. Finally decided to join the fun or misery as it may seem tonight. The sun will still rise tomorrow. B's are still on a historic pace. But haven't been battle tested till now. We're still a long ways off from telling what this team is really about. Adversity is good for the soul.

Welcome to the board!!! :welcome:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I’m sure the trolls will tell us soon enough.

A little adversity is a good thing. Quickly forget this one and focus on tomorrow’s game.

Not worried at all.
Yep, trolls and hyena will take more place here.... did not have alot to eat since the beginning of the year.
Adversity is part of the process.
I beleive in this group. Being good for a so long stretch is not an accident.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Carlo -4 in Florida this week. Spare me the “new whipping boy”.. I don’t expect him to be Kevan Miller crushing bodies every shift but his mediocre play is becoming very noticeable. I’ve defended Carlo in the past, concussions aren’t a joke.. but at some point we must call a spade a spade.

Carlo has been on the ice for 17 goals against this entire season at 5v5 in 671 minutes. The bruins have scored 32. He starts in the ozone 30.77% of shifts and he plays the third hardest competition of this d core behind Charlie and Hampus.

He's 5th in the league in GA/60 and 10th in xGA/60. He starts the 10th most shifts in the Dzone/60 in the league. They have outscored the competition by 15 goals with him on the ice. He is worlds better than some of the d-men names that get thrown around this board but gets no credit because he has the gall to be tall and not psychotic. Half of this board would trade him for Eric Gudbranson (which is why this board can be so frustrating).

Brandon Carlo didn't have a great night last night. He's also a huge reason why this team has such good results.

Let's not eat our own.

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
It was only a matter of time that good coaches got out ahead of how we clear the zone and start directing their players to be where they needed to be to make life difficult on us. It was also only a matter of time that teams with good forechecks would start pressuring us more to muddle the clears. It was also only a matter of time that teams figured on being able to get rushes off our defensemen moving further up the wall than most teams.

I honestly do not know enough of Jim Montgomery since I was not able to watch hockey for four years to know how he will respond to some of his system being figured out, but from what I have seen this year, he is a good coach and will figure it out quickly.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
2 and 1 of them wasn't his fault. The 3rd goal was Clifton who played it like shit.

Clifton wasn't on the ice for the third Florida goal.

Been a while since the goaltending let them down. It happens.

Specific to nobody;

Teams have to be less reluctant to icing the puck when the goalie is pulled.

Especially teams that are good at the dot.

What???

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In 20 seconds, Swayman went from another impressive win where his GAA went down and SP went up to
OT loss where GAA went up and SP went down.

Guess McAvoy's tip-in in OT canceled out Sam Bennett tip-in for 2nd Bruins goal. Bennett did get a goal later to tie it.

Worst game I've seen Lindholm play as a Bruin.

Another tough night for Carlo also.

Seemed Forbort barely played.

Good to see Smith get a goal, with an assist from Montour. Montour made up for it with a goal of his own later, much like Bennett.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The power play or lack of worries me more than the loss ,it’s not that it just isn’t producing it’s giving other teams better scoring chances and momentum,in the Tampa game they had gotten the tying goal had all the momentum went on the power play and it was terrible,which resulted in Tampa getting the momentum and the Bruins basically trying to survive.

Reactions: BMC and 22Brad Park

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
In 20 seconds, Swayman went from another impressive win where his GAA went down and SP went up to
OT loss where GAA went up and SP went down.

Guess McAvoy's tip-in in OT canceled out Sam Bennett tip-in for 2nd Bruins goal. Bennett did get a goal later to tie it.

Worst game I've seen Lindholm play as a Bruin.

Another tough night for Carlo also.

Seemed Forbort barely played.

Good to see Smith get a goal, with an assist from Montour. Montour made up for it with a goal of his own later, much like Bennett.
Forbort played with Carlo for 11 and a half minutes of his 15:41. It’s a terrible pairing and needs to be avoided at all costs.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Missed the game and have been reading the posts

It's weird that Carlo was the only one on the ice. I didn't realize there was rule change and 5 on 1 was the new rule.

Also got the impression from reading the posts that Carlo was the only minus - player, that's weird that everyone else was plus+
Carlo played it perfect.He killed like 10 seconds of that clock himself.There was not time to turn to get it out and he could not send it up the wall it would be like a pass to d man.Anyone can watch the replay ,Bergeron never sealed the out along wall behind the net he was trying to not allow a puck to jump out towards the net front but guessed wrong.Carlo had very little to no support there vs 3 of them.Another thing is Carlo must be doing something right in Montys eyes cause it's him out there in that spot.

Reactions: hrdpuk

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Forbort played with Carlo for 11 and a half minutes of his 15:41. It’s a terrible pairing and needs to be avoided at all costs.
Forbert finished night even Carlo -2.Carlo taking big beatings here yet without the 1 goal by Sam Bennett Bruins again can't put puck in net and had 1 legit goal.Blame the powerplay you want a true scapegoat.

mobileusa

Mar 30, 2013
IMG_20230129_091621_949.jpg

Goal

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Parity baby parity
F*ck Gary Bettman right in his liver.

The NHL gets away with these shit calls because the owners (most of them) don’t care about wins and losses as long as the money comes in. A regular season game in January probably doesn’t matter much, but this is just another example of the horrible officiating that the NHL either tolerates or encourages. Either case is horrifying.

If the New York Times decided to do an investigative exposé on professional sports officiating in general and the NHL in particular, I wonder what they would find? They’ve brought down all kinds of powerful people and even governments, so one would think that the NHL would be easy pickings.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
F*ck Gary Bettman right in his liver.

The NHL gets away with these shit calls because the owners (most of them) don’t care about wins and losses as long as the money comes in. A regular season game in January probably doesn’t matter much, but this is just another example of the horrible officiating that the NHL either tolerates or encourages. Either case is horrifying.

If the New York Times decided to do an investigative exposé on professional sports officiating in general and the NHL in particular, I wonder what they would find? They’ve brought down all kinds of powerful people and even governments, so one would think that the NHL would be easy pickings.
The replay is in NewYork now not Toronto correct so we can't use that Leaf conspiracy at least:popcorn: I wish they could just insert a camera on inside the goal posts about 6 inches off the ice .They have no issues putting those big pillows in the net that makes pucks come back out 90 mph lol.Seriously though they have technology. I really don't want no investigations etc I love the game.The steroid stuff in baseball bothered me.And not saying your wrong or nothing either cause who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad