Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - In 20 seconds a win becomes a loss - Sunrise 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
While the B`s have piled up loads of pts prior to this 2 game skid, some bad habits started creeping in a few weeks ago but were camouflaged by the 2 pts

Wingers not coming back deep enough in the D zone to give the D men an easy pass, typically this team has been stellar in the neutral zone, not allowing the opponent to attack the blueline with speed, not the case lately, entries far too easy for the opponents.

Getting lots of shots on goal but drifting away from the net front presence recently

82 game schedule will always have ebbs and flows but the B`s will need to tighten these things up moving forward and I have little doubt they will but to act shocked the team lost two in a row and then panic is unnecessary

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Forbort played with Carlo for 11 and a half minutes of his 15:41. It’s a terrible pairing and needs to be avoided at all costs.
forbort is a bad pairing for all our dmen.
thats why we need chychrun

Barkov

You don’t think the Bennett goal and the game winner were stops he should have made?
bennets for sure. ot goal was tipped.
i wouldve liked to see him stop the one with 1 second left.

Reactions: sarge88

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I was 100% sure FL was going to tie the game, and almost 100% sure they were going to win OT, and win it quickly. Just vibe I got.

This team needs a break.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Been lurking here for a while. Finally decided to join the fun or misery as it may seem tonight. The sun will still rise tomorrow. B's are still on a historic pace. But haven't been battle tested till now. We're still a long ways off from telling what this team is really about. Adversity is good for the soul.
Hey, welcome aboard!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
People keep harping on how tired the Bruins are but by this time of the season every team is tired & looking ahead to the All Star break. So no, no excuse there as far as I'm concerned. I think @ODAAT is correct, all that winning covered up problems that are now being exposed by other teams.

The power play is not working anymore. They struggle to enter the offensive zone and once they get there they spend too much time passing the puck around waiting for Pasta to get open, often making one pass too many that either results in a clear or a short handed bid. Everybody knows what they're going to do now but the Bruins can't/won't adjust. This has to be fixed.

5x5 they're drifting back into settling for perimeter shots instead of attacking the net. And as @ODAAT mentioned, the wingers aren't coming back often enough or fast enough to help the defense move the puck up the ice.

Hopefully after a good rest they return from the All Star break ready to work on fixing these issues.

Reactions: ODAAT

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
People keep harping on how tired the Bruins are but by this time of the season every team is tired & looking ahead to the All Star break. So no, no excuse there as far as I'm concerned. I think @ODAAT is correct, all that winning covered up problems that are now being exposed by other teams.

The power play is not working anymore. They struggle to enter the offensive zone and once they get there they spend too much time passing the puck around waiting for Pasta to get open, often making one pass too many that either results in a clear or a short handed bid. Everybody knows what they're going to do now but the Bruins can't/won't adjust. This has to be fixed.

5x5 they're drifting back into settling for perimeter shots instead of attacking the net. And as @ODAAT mentioned, the wingers aren't coming back often enough or fast enough to help the defense move the puck up the ice.

Hopefully after a good rest they return from the All Star break ready to work on fixing these issues.
Seeing more and more teams moving on from the traditional box on their PK. Seems they are going to a more up beat energy kill and I think this is the formula that has worked against the Bruin. I think to start move Lindholm back to the #1 power play. He seems to cover the line better than McAvo.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Barkov

You don’t think the Bennett goal and the game winner were stops he should have made?
The OT goal was deflected by McAvoy.

On Bennett's goal, Lindholm and Clifton backed up almost to the crease. That's a shot from the inside hashmark of the circle. Could have had? Maybe. Should have had? No way.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The vibe for tonight up here in seal-clubbin' land is a 4-1 Carolina win and a complete meltdown in this forum, lol

80E05B09-9258-4912-81C5-2B0855CD05AD.gif

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Seeing more and more teams moving on from the traditional box on their PK. Seems they are going to a more up beat energy kill and I think this is the formula that has worked against the Bruin. I think to start move Lindholm back to the #1 power play. He seems to cover the line better than McAvo.

I would definitely move Lindholm back there. Charlie McAvoy is a great defenseman but he really struggles to run the PP for some reason.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
need the overhead view. still wouldnt be over the red on an overhead view there. doesnt matter if you see white at that angle.

Why can't the league put small cameras in the posts at ice level along the goal line to at least provide another angle should the overhear camera not be definitive (because the goalie's glove is blocking the view, for instance). It might not always be definitive either, but it might provide better perspective more often. I mean, people have good enough cameras on the porch lights of their houses. Can't be that hard to do.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Hardly definitive from this photo that the puck is entirely over the line. In fact, it looks like it's probably not at this instant. An overhead view from this instant would probably show the puck is not entirely over the line. But by the time the goalie got his glove on it, a half second after this... yeah, it was most likely over the line 100%. The issue is, there was no 100% definitive camera angle that showed a view of the puck 100% over the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad