Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - In 20 seconds a win becomes a loss - Sunrise 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know it's been said that a team is what their record says it is, but in the case of these two teams I'm not too sure that's true.
Are you saying the Panthers are better than their record? Because that’s objectively not true. They’ve been mediocre all year.

Or a shot at the Bruins? Maybe more likely I guess - but ok if that’s your angle.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I see some rocks are being turned over.
Can smell em.

Good, the night is young.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others.
Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.
And the Celtics are on ABC

Reactions: rfournier103

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This team was not going to stay super hot for the entire season. Lulls happen no matter how good a team is. Bs still almost pulled out the win despite not playing well at all in the third and despite Swayman not being at his best. They'll be fine.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Back in 2022 when they were beating everyone, we all admitted that their crazy streak would slow down at some point, yet some here seem to think this team can just keep winning night in and night out over such a long season. They need a rest and it's coming soon. At least we got a point out of tonight.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wally’s ready for a game of whack-a-troll
giphy.gif

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
they seem to give up a lot of odd man rushes . More coaches are probably prepping for that vs the bruins when the D joins the rush . Also the PP does a lot worse when the PK is aggressive didn't have much rhythm on the pp tonight . Wouldn't mind seeing Lauko get a chance if Freddy is out

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Are you saying the Panthers are better than their record? Because that’s objectively not true. They’ve been mediocre all year.

Or a shot at the Bruins? Maybe more likely I guess - but ok if that’s your angle.
Not a shot at the BRUINS; Just an observation from watching all their games this season. It's been said that it's better to be lucky than good, but, so far, this season the BRUINS have been both

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I would like to see us be more physical. 13 hits…..can’t be right. Anywho, just when we think they will win they lose……..which tells me we win tomorrow for all those that think we will lose. Then we beat the Leafs.

Go Bruins!!!
They started hitting at the beginning of the season. I must say, lately after this streak, the hits are nine existent.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Need Jake back. The top 6 is considerably less effective without him. Hall at RW is a 'no', Smith can't play at that level anymore, Pasta can't be in two places at once, Zacha's needed elsewhere and doesn't really feel like the answer anyway on Bergy's right. Something for the GM to bear in mind - they're almost certainly not going to get another legit top-6 forward given the cap situation, but can they get a bottom 6 guy who can step up there in a pinch and do a solid job?

Otherwise, I get every team is tired but some are more fatigued than most, and some are more desperate than others. The Bruins are feeling it at the moment, the decline in their 3rd periods and more besides tells you that. Get to the break, refresh, do some serious work on the special teams, have the GM work the phones and start to put together whatever deals he can to give the team some extra help, toughness and a fresh face or two. A rough patch is a good reminder of just how much is left to be done, and how brutally tough this league is. It's no bad thing, as long as the team responds in the right way.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
they seem to give up a lot of odd man rushes . More coaches are probably prepping for that vs the bruins when the D joins the rush . Also the PP does a lot worse when the PK is aggressive didn't have much rhythm on the pp tonight . Wouldn't mind seeing Lauko get a chance if Freddy is out

Yeah as more teams push back against us, it will be interesting to see how Monty responds. Obviously teams are not going to let us walk all over them all year long. Theres always cracks in a system, just have to adjust.

Missing Jake hurts for sure..and now maybe Freddy. Hall either hasn't had enough time or isn't feeling the off wing but its not working out great right now. They might have to make some other swaps.

We got 2 tough games ahead of us. We'll see how they respond.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
These last few loses are a blessing in the long term. This team is not built for a long playoff run, need to make a few adds and bulk up the bottom two lines and a top 4 defenseman.

We are just not physical enough and I bet management knows this as well and make the changes needed.

This is an all in season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad