Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - Enjoy Vacation Boys - BRUINS 6 Sons of Gritty 2

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Are they overachieving or is Monty just a great coach who can get more out of less?
The people here who know me best know that the ONLY thing I care about when it comes to Boston Bruins hockey is winning. I don’t care how. I don’t care why. Just f***ing win.

I like Jim Montgomery a lot. He seems like a great guy, and he’s very likable. I want to see him lead this team on a deep playoff run and show us just how good he is. I think he’s a very good coach and I’m looking forward to seeing him take the next step.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Theses guys went head-to-head most of the game:

B's line 1a or 1b (take your choice):
Zacha +4
Pasta +4
JVR +3
Lindholm +5!!!!!! Are you kidding me?
Carlo +2

Poehling -3
Konecny -4
Farabee -4
Sanheim -4
Drysdale -4 (Jamie or Sonny?)

Bs' 4th line did not have a good game.

JVR really has been an excellent addition. He takes up so much space in front of the net and works hard along the boards.

Lindholm and McAvoy must be completely healthy again, b/c they are killing it.

Without Linus, this could have been a 7-6 game. He was stupendous. Deserved the hug.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Theses guys went head-to-head most of the game:

B's line 1a or 1b (take your choice):
Zacha +4
Pasta +4
JVR +3
Lindholm +5!!!!!! Are you kidding me?
Carlo +2

Poehling -3
Konecny -4
Farabee -4
Sanheim -4
Drysdale -4 (Jamie or Sonny?)

Bs' 4th line did not have a good game.

JVR really has been an excellent addition. He takes up so much space in front of the net and works hard along the boards.

Lindholm and McAvoy must be completely healthy again, b/c they are killing it.

Without Linus, this could have been a 7-6 game. He was stupendous. Deserved the hug.
We don’t what the other reality would of been.

They won

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Just finished watching, was fun to dole out the GDT with the recording and try not to get ahead :):popcorn:
Linus excellent today:handclap: once again won a game they should have won, but could have had their heads already in sun and fun. Kudos for taking advantage of the Flyers general suckage;)
Hope everyone heals up during the break and comes back ready to stay on top!
One last Woooooo!!!! For all six goals today:vhappy::towel:

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think my favourite part of this game was watching the Torts facial expressions after the Bruins goals. priceless.

Good solid win. Flyers don't quit though so it was good we had a bigger lead this time, but they were clearly outplayed by the Bruins.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Randoms:

Another great game by Zacha. In the first half of the season his play was patchy and mixed some good stuff with some nights where he had little impact. Recently though he's really starting to get it together and produce some of his best performances. Hopefully it's a trend that continues.

Slow start by the Bruins - again - but they were just getting moving when Pasta got that first snipe from nowhere and then they were really off and away. Few minutes of team-wide dominance and that was that. When this team really puts their foot on the gas they can do some special things, especially if the opposition is even slightly flat.

Shout out to the other side - good game by Tyson Foerster. That first goal was really nice. Second was a little bit of a gift - Boston had two good chances to get the puck out of the zone and blew both, a reminder of an issue that continues to linger. But still, a tip of the hat to an emerging young talent.

Nice to see JvR get acknowledged in his old barn, and cap the night with a typical net-front goal. Just very very solid all season. And versatile - like Heinen he has played up and down the lineup without any quibbles and done the job in each role. Very good pickup.

Well here we are, all-star break and Bruins are 1st (or equal 1st) in the league, and playing some of their best hockey in the last month. Who'd have thunk it? In an ideal world I'd say go get a top 6 C and some cheap extra grit for the bottom 6 and the back end before the deadline, and then take your best shot at the playoffs. No idea what's really possible or sensible with a tight cap and limited asset pool, but regardless the team is in very good shape and that's a credit to all involved. Enjoy the break boys, and let's get ready for an exciting run home!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad