GDT: Game 49: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Tampa Savards, 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Completely careless on the puck in the DZ by Laine that they bail him out on. The point shot was unlucky.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
We have a bunch of journeymen
Rename the team
Columbus’ Bunch of Journeymen
They play to their identity

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Good teams are coached on the details , coached to execute . This team is not coached in any of those areas. Lack of focus / confidence , you constantly see overstating puck , sloppy passes , no or little attempt to retrieve the puck in offensive zone .

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Laine had a bad day today. This is not about terrible skill, look his pass on Jones goal but bad luck. I mean the end of the game.
Maybe one play to be healthy scratch would help him. I would do it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I actually think he still played a decent game :shrug:

I don’t think it’s a lack of care or a lack of effort. I just think he freezes with the puck sometimes. Stops moving his feet because he’s trying to process the play and make a play and then takes too long. and I think his overall focus needs work on top of all the other things I’ve already said many times. Tonight I saw him move his feet and get involved, I hope he continues that.

But that being said I’m tired of defending/attacking this player. 99% of the rhetoric on here with him is negative now so I’ll just let it become a cesspool of negativity from now on and ignore it.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Except for Laine, I am of the opinion that the team played a much better game that any since the trade dead line.

Gavrikov could have made a better work taking out a cross pass on the fist Goal, after Laine give away.
Not much Elvis could do on the first timer.

On the second goal, the entire team was a little out of synch, and Roslovic could also had made a better work on covering up for MDZ.
But mainly it was Elvis that was not focused.
+++ We Tank and Red Wing seems to win

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Laine's hands are really bad, especially on the wall. His bad games are really bad and his good are superstar tier. Wish he could find a more consistency.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Crazy thing is he’s getting at least $7.5m next season
His past years certainly warrant that type of money . Surprise , another non grinder traded here , and not having success because their is no offensive structure . That chart above illustrates that hardly any shots are generated from the slot . Most coaches , who understand offense, and have shooters like Bjork, Laine, Bemstrom , would structure an offense around getting pucks on their stick in high scoring areas . Look at Bjork, most of his goals come from no structure , but rather a scramble and shot , perhaps a strip and shot . No one else on this team remotely has any decent offensive stats . Some is the center play no doubt , but lack of a structured offensive system is killing this team .

Reactions: Stubu and Jan

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
His past years certainly warrant that type of money . Surprise , another non grinder traded here , and not having success because their is no offensive structure . That chart above illustrates that hardly any shots are generated from the slot . Most coaches , who understand offense, and have shooters like Bjork, Laine, Bemstrom , would structure an offense around getting pucks on their stick in high scoring areas . Look at Bjork, most of his goals come from no structure , but rather a scramble and shot , perhaps a strip and shot . No one else on this team remotely has any decent offensive stats . Some is the center play no doubt , but lack of a structured offensive system is killing this team .
I mean we had Atkinson score 40 even without Panarin

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
On the second goal, the entire team was a little out of synch, and Roslovic could also had made a better work on covering up for MDZ.
But mainly it was Elvis that was not focused.

Yeah that happens, you know, when you take A F***IN STICK TO THE HEAD DIRECTLY BEFORE THE GOAL.

Yes, that really pisses me off.

Can't wait to read Elvis' quotes after the game.

Edit: just read, he's a beauty. This guy has pride, and is too competitive. They need to keep him.

The scariest part of his quote is where he says how hard they're trying. If this is them trying and they're still losing and playing embarassingly,...... yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad