GDT: Game 49: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Tampa Savards, 7PM EST

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Laine had a bad day today. This is not about terrible skill, look his pass on Jones goal but bad luck. I mean the end of the game.
Maybe one play to be healthy scratch would help him. I would do it.
Not about skill?

One time bad luck OK...
Two time bad luck, OK...
Three time, bad luck may bee.
Now it is not bad luck any more.

No he is not without skills.
But there are also some skills that he do not have.

Lighting was clearly sees that and and focus their attempt one Laine.
Which tells that they sees a lot of weakness in Laine's skills.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The best punishment for him is to keep playing him. Let his lazy play do all the talking. He is embarrassing himself out there. Hell, I’m embarrassed for him.
It isn`t lazy but he hasn`t so good acceleration what is very bad. Plus he`s very unstable. He can play like God but if he has one of his "excelent" days... Nick Foligno said about it. I translate from Russian (sorry my English) but if you want to listen original

"There is an impression that Tortorella wants to break the players, but this is far from the truth. If you work with dedication and behave professionally, then Tortorella will treat you well. Patrick is just learning these things. He's a young, talented guy who's easy to play with. Now he is trying to normalize another aspect, namely, what is expected of him every day. I think Laine will survive in John Tortorella's world. It's about getting the job done, and it takes time for players to get used to it»

Btw to change the style. When I played an ice-hockey I was a power forward (only I couldn`t use my body) so I know very good about it. Every similar player must be agressive. More or less but must. So either it`s your nature style (like me) or you have to learn it, which is not easy. For example, I'm 5` 6`` tall but I could easily win the battle in the front of the net even when opponents were 5` 11`` (they were about as tall as our captain and she was a real "giraffe" :sarcasm:). And if he must to do every day plus defense... . It needs a time.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not about skill?

One time bad luck OK...
Two time bad luck, OK...

Look at his game against Chicago, Dallas (inspite of score), Florida (I don`t mean these game)... . He showed excelent puckhandling, vision, but again he`s very, very and again very unstable. Look at this game, he had exclent passes but **** too. Btw I though his "shot" in the end of the game. I hope you don`t think he doesn`t know to shoot.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not about skill?

One time bad luck OK...
Two time bad luck, OK...

Btw I would forget one thing as a former power forward my favourite players in our team are Domi, Jenner, I very like Foudy, Robinson, Dunne is interesting too. Of course any of them isn`t a power forward, maybe Dunne can be in the future but I like their style. :nod: So I`m not personal Patrik`s fan. :)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I feel terrible for Elvis and for all the players that have to wait through this tankjob. They hate losing and you want your players to be the type to take losing hard. But at the same time we need them to keep tanking hard.

So I have a solution. The players need to have a big drunken team party .... right before the next game. And keep doing that for every game until the season is over. One big long bender.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I feel terrible for Elvis and for all the players that have to wait through this tankjob. They hate losing and you want your players to be the type to take losing hard. But at the same time we need them to keep tanking hard.

So I have a solution. The players need to have a big drunken team party .... right before the next game. And keep doing that for every game until the season is over. One big long bender.
Yeah tell them to take a shot every time Torts changes the lines.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Look at his game against Chicago, Dallas (inspite of score), Florida (I don`t mean these game)... . He showed excelent puckhandling, vision, but again he`s very, very and again very unstable. Look at this game, he had exclent passes but **** too. Btw I though his "shot" in the end of the game. I hope you don`t think he doesn`t know to shoot.
He surely knows how to shoot.
That is his skill and again he is not without skills.
There are just something he also need to work on and other teams seams to have learn where to attack his weakness. That mean that he is on even more pressure. Each time he has the puck.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Without our Finnish fans tweets would have out commented the posters who have been here for a long time.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Based upon our current lineup, I think a 3-1 loss to Tampa is respectable.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Sounds like that was Savard's forte

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He surely knows how to shoot.
That is his skill and again he is not without skills.
There are just something he also need to work on and other teams seams to have learn where to attack his weakness. That mean that he is on even more pressure. Each time he has the puck.
Yes, if he has his good day he not only any problems to go out from. On the contrary he can not only pass, whereby exactly but he can go himself, look at his goal to Chicago and it wans`t the first time. gain, people often compare his stupid games. So you must be more aggresive and stable. He must play so every game, every minute. It`s important about it Torts and Nick Folgino said. One time Max Domi too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad