GDT: Game 49: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Tampa Savards, 7PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Probably I`ll watch this game. I want to look new player`s play. And I hope Peeke and Carlsson will play.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I mentioned this in the Savard thread, but will repeat it here. Today’s Athletic has a great article on David Savard written by TB writer Joe Smith. It’s a must read - less about Savard on ice and more about him as a person.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm actually a little more 'emotional', if I call it that, to watch Foligno's first game with the Leafs.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Savard - but our captain on another team just feels wrong for some reason.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I mentioned this in the Savard thread, but will repeat it here. Today’s Athletic has a great article on David Savard written by TB writer Joe Smith. It’s a must read - less about Savard on ice and more about him a s a person.
He seems like a great character guy and very well liked. The Halloween photos with PLD and Sedlak were hilarious and his '67 Camaro is sweet!

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Interesting to me Stenlund is out. His line posted some of the best advanced stats last game and kept play in the FL zone. Again the stats support it. And WTF is Gerbe in? Auditioning for what? Maybe this is Jarmo calling the lineup. I don’t know. But for all the good Torts has done here, I have little clue on what he’s been doing this year. And I’ll use one of Torts favorite words - “b*llsh*t - to describe his play based on merit concept this year

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Interesting, who does decide to join Tex and Patrik, Jarmo or Torts? I thought when Max returns they'll again play together. Or for Tex defense?

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting to me Stenlund is out. His line posted some of the best advanced stats last game and kept play in the FL zone. Again the stats support it. And WTF is Gerbe in? Auditioning for what? Maybe this is Jarmo calling the lineup. I don’t know. But for all the good Torts has done here, I have little clue on what he’s been doing this year. And I’ll use one of Torts favorite words - “b*llsh*t - to describe his play based on merit concept this year

1. I'm happy to see Gerbe in the lineup. I think we need that positive veteran presence while we're getting killed out there.

2. I'm curious if Seattle has already worked out a deal with Jarmo on who they'd pick, and based on the recent personnel choices that player might be Stenlund. You'd think the Jackets would have more interest in getting Stenlund as much game experience as possible.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
1. I'm happy to see Gerbe in the lineup. I think we need that positive veteran presence while we're getting killed out there.

2. I'm curious if Seattle has already worked out a deal with Jarmo on who they'd pick, and based on the recent personnel choices that player might be Stenlund. You'd think the Jackets would have more interest in getting Stenlund as much game experience as possible.
That would be a reasonable explanation as otherwise I agree you’d want to find out as much about Stenlund as possible as we’re nearing the fish or cut bait timeframe

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

If there's one thing a CBJ fan doesn't have to worry about it's the expansion draft.

Please, Ron Francis, take one (or more) of our problems.

Reactions: LazyCircuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad