Post-Game Talk: GAME #49: Canucks def. Sabres - 4-3 (Edler, Baertschi, Boeser, Eriksson) - Demko 1st Star, 36 saves

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
I think Goldy should draw in more when one of our top offensive players is out of the lineup. He could really help the first power play unit and provide more line combinations with baer, bo, and boeser.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The Tortorella dressing-room incident was five years ago today.

Say what you will about the team/lineup at that time, but can you imagine if that happened today and Pettersson was the rookie lining up at center for the Canucks? Who's our Bieksa who would take over the faceoff duty to protect him?

member 290103

Agreed although he was such an entertaining cluster**** lunatic that I remember some of that era fondly even though it was the complete collapse and the beginning of a dark age we're still suffering through.

It wasn’t dull, that’s for sure.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
You mean Perrault vs Tallon ain't going to happen tonight?

BTW, what time's the game. The vs. Sabres means its away right? I am a cave man. Your ways frighten me.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Goldobin isn't a world beater, but he should be in over the likes of Schaller or Granlund.
Granlund is no world beater either...He was good last game though, goal and assist, and looked good on PP2 (which was better than PP1)
There's more of a chance of Goldy blowing his coverage and conceding a goal, than him scoring...especially without Pete in the lineup.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think Goldy should draw in more when one of our top offensive players is out of the lineup. He could really help the first power play unit and provide more line combinations with baer, bo, and boeser.
What part of dog house do you not understand?

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
52omrN4.jpg

God that's an ugly looking starting lineup, especially the forwards. The first line is fine, but after that, it's hard to figure out who will be dragging down whom.

There's nearly $10M invested in the 4th line...

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Welp, thank god Demko is playing, because with no Goldy and no EP and Boeser looking healthy but useless lately, I wasn't really excited about watching this team.

Hope he has a great game, but even though it's Buffalo it's not a gimme win.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
That’s horrendous. Looks like maybe we’ve turned it around with Schneider, Demko and DiPietro in fairly recent history.

I'm a big DP fan. There's something special about that kid. If his size doesn't hold him back, he could be a gamer. Although I most realistically see him turning into a Johan Hedberg journeyman, but that's still a good thing to have. I hope he makes it.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sorry to ask a dumb question but Roussel is now on the top line? How did that happen and how is that working out?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sorry to ask a dumb question but Roussel is now on the top line? How did that happen and how is that working out?

He plays up and down the lineup. I’d liken him to Alex Burrows pre-Sedin-linemate years. He can play spot top six duty and not look out of his place due to his hustle and puck retrieval. But he’s best suited to being in a checking line / defensive line.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
God that's an ugly looking starting lineup, especially the forwards. The first line is fine, but after that, it's hard to figure out who will be dragging down whom.

There's nearly $10M invested in the 4th line...

So beautiful it brings a tear to my eyes

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
At least with Demko playing tonight I will have a reason to watch the game. Geezus - no Pete and my enthusiasm level plummets.

That and the guy closest to EP in the Calder Dahlin...........which brings up an interesting question. Dahlin or EP? Damn that would be hard to choose although at this point I'm taking EP over damn near anyone (I'm a tinnnny bit biased though.....)

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
He plays up and down the lineup. I’d liken him to Alex Burrows pre-Sedin-linemate years. He can play spot top six duty and not look out of his place due to his hustle and puck retrieval. But he’s best suited to being in a checking line / defensive line.

I'm excited to see that. My only conception of Canucks Roussel is a coming off injury rather invisible pest. But I'll be glad to watch him tonight and see what he looks like now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad