Post-Game Talk: GAME #49: Canucks def. Sabres - 4-3 (Edler, Baertschi, Boeser, Eriksson) - Demko 1st Star, 36 saves

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Granlunds lucky he didn't get benched, he seemed a little smug after the Finland win at WJC. Congratulations on that Gold medal. Utenen scored the winning goal against Canada. I think he's nowhere close to Nhl ready, at least 6 or 7 years away.
Utunen is progressing quite well. Will be ready if goes well sooner than 6 or 7 years pal

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Do not want Jeff Skinner, usually one dimensional scorers in the NHL flare out and have some major down seasons. Players with high goal counts and low assists are always inconsistent.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Without Pettersson and Goldobin; and with Bo and Boeser struggling, this really is a lineup worthy of the Willie era. Hopefully some of the vets on this team will rally in front of their rookie netminder.

But unfortunately this game will look a lot like the mud-wrestling match with the Oilers. Basically only one or two really skilled guys on the ice, and the rest a bunch of hackers and whackers. Somebody has to win. But the real loser might be the paying customer and the entertainment value.

Sometimes though against Eastern Conference opponents, things will open up. A 7-5 game would be nice for a change!

Reactions: Grantham

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Roussel-Horvat-Boeser
Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Granlund-Leivo Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
Extras: Pettersson & Goldobin

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson
Extra: Biega

Demko

Demko starts tonight, definitely a lot more pressure than the last time he started for the Canucks...I like the way the Canucks have been playing the past few games, despite the fact that they couldn't finish on quite a few 'grade A' scoring opportunities..

Would be nice to see Virtanen get off the Schneid....

Cant really make a prediction for this game because I haven't really watched any Buffalo games this season...They obviously laid an egg in Edmonton,and beat Calgary in OT..so they responded well to their loss

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Dahlin will get some Calder votes for sure. Having a outstanding year. He is a pure 18 year rookie and and a defenceman. and hate to say it but durable:)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
The Tortorella dressing-room incident was five years ago today.

One of the funniest moments ever. I remember watching this live back when it wasn't painful to watch the Canucks. This old crazy f*** spurging out and running screaming into Brian McGratton was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
That whole thing was a ":laugh: what did I just see?" moment that happens like once a year but everyone remembers.

I consider this year's to be the PTSD Veteran's dog running away during one of the opening ceremonies after a five minute video package about how emotionally messed up he is and how his dog is the only thing who holds him together. I'm going to hell for finding that as funny as I do. :laugh:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
That whole thing was a ":laugh: what did I just see?" moment that happens like once a year but everyone remembers.

I consider this year's to be the PTSD Veteran's dog running away during one of the opening ceremonies after a five minute video package about how emotionally messed up he is and how his dog is the only thing who holds him together. I'm going to hell for finding that as funny as I do. :laugh:

15-16 had the Wideman/linesman incident

member 290103

Bieksa sneakily following Torts to yell at the flames was the best Canuck moment for me.

A franchise low point for me. Tortorella really f***ed up what could have been a smart steady rebuild by Gillis. He was so disinterested in the team and was just here to collect his bloated contract...as a result the team became a laughing stock and Gillis never got a chance to fix it.

Can’t stand Tortorella...he’s up there with the worst coaches in Vancouver history. I hold him in the same regard as I do Messier.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
A franchise low point for me. Tortorella really ****ed up what could have been a smart steady rebuild by Gillis. He was so disinterested in the team and was just here to collect his bloated contract...as a result the team became a laughing stock and Gillis never got a chance to fix it.

Can’t stand Tortorella...he’s up there with the worst coaches in Vancouver history. I hold him in the same regard as I do Messier.

Agreed although he was such an entertaining clusterf*** lunatic that I remember some of that era fondly even though it was the complete collapse and the beginning of a dark age we're still suffering through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad