Post-Game Talk: GAME #49: Canucks def. Sabres - 4-3 (Edler, Baertschi, Boeser, Eriksson) - Demko 1st Star, 36 saves

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
52omrN4.jpg

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
Biega and Goldobin need to be in the lineup. Ffs.
Interesting. I wonder if this means the Canucks intend to keep Goldy. I suppose the question is what hurts his value more, playing him without Pettersson or keeping him in the doghouse. Could make a case either way I suppose

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Interesting. I wonder if this means the Canucks intend to keep Goldy. I suppose the question is what hurts his value more, playing him without Pettersson or keeping him in the doghouse. Could make a case either way I suppose
If I'm Goldy..I'd be asking to be traded.
TG has a hate on for him...there are others who have been very bad and get a easy pass on this team..Pouliot is a prime example. but Goldy seems to be the one who gets pointed out all the time.Just trade him before he loses more value.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
So... when Petey is back, assuming everyone else is healthy:

Swap out Schaller and Granlund
Swap in Goldobin and Pettersson to go alongside Leivo... then we actually have two potential scoring lines with the B-Line and the Petey line.

Reactions: Brock Olli Juolevi

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Biega and Goldobin need to be in the lineup. Ffs.

Think maybe Schaller is getting ice to showcase him for the next deal? or Is Goldobin being benched to avoid injury like these bozos do when getting ready to trade someone instead of giving them ice time to try and drive up value? Del Zotto the last example.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Think maybe Schaller is getting ice to showcase him for the next deal? or Is Goldobin being benched to avoid injury like these bozos do when getting ready to trade someone instead of giving them ice time to try and drive up value? Del Zotto the last example.
Gonna be mad if Goldy goes instead of Schaller.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Funny Goldobin began being benched around the time Cananada lost to Russia at the world juniors. I wonder if Goldy was chirping about it? He deserves to be benched for awhile if he did. Russians will chirp about international hockey.

boogeybendo

Dec 18, 2017
Funny Goldobin began being benched around the time Cananada lost to Russia at the world juniors. I wonder if Goldy was chirping about it? He deserves to be benched for awhile if he did. Russians will chirp about international hockey.
this seems like a silly idea to me. and what's wrong with a bit of chirping? don't you ever give your buddies a hard time?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
How is Granlund and Schaller in over Goldobin :facepalm:

4-2 Sabres our goals both by Gudbranson :shakehead

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Players often place bets on that tourney with their international teammates, so you figure there is always chirping on every team about it.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

You actually believe this? :(

The lights in my apartment briefly went out last night. Wonder if it was a power surge from aliens landing on the roof of my building..........

Geezus - anyone of the genius's on here that thinks Green would have a grudge against a player for whatever reason puhleaaaaaaaze. His mandate is to win games and develop our players. If anything he's frustrated with Goldy at not getting it - he recently stated he's more than coached this player - it's on the player now to do what the coach taught him to - something the player apparently hasn't gotten yet.

To suggest any other reasons for his lack of icetime other than Green attempting to win games and teach Goldobin is fantasy. But hey I guess it makes life a bit more exciting to believe in other theories doesn't it?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Oh you silly racist little man you.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Hey, if you don't want to trade Hutton and Goldobin for Ferland then you probably just aren't fans of the team or whatever

Reactions: geebaan

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Oh you silly racist little man you.
Granlunds lucky he didn't get benched, he seemed a little smug after the Finland win at WJC. Congratulations on that Gold medal. Utenen scored the winning goal against Canada. I think he's nowhere close to Nhl ready, at least 6 or 7 years away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad