Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - B's Power Play goes on break a game early - NY Rangers 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I still love Adam !

Me Too!
He came to the aid of a teammate, same thing he's done as a Bruin many times.

The issue to me is, the way the Bruins responded or should I say didn't respond. No Bruin came to the aid of Wagner. Its a crying shame. Its been a problem since Mcquaid left and Sweeney hasn't addressed. I mean when Marchand is the guy early in the season stepping in to protect his teammates, you would of thought then Sweeney would of did something. but no he sat by in his Luxury suite watching guys like Krug and Grizz stick of their teammates.

He needs some hard nose tough players, to mix in with the players he has, its his job to figure out who stays and who he needs to add. Its actually been a problem for over a year with the forward group, too many of the same type players and not enough of a mixture.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean this message board. We embrace all the rough stuff and guys snapping 2008-2013 and now that our team doesn’t play that way so it’s a travesty against all that’s holy.

Ya it's probably hard for people to accept that that the rest of the league doesnt adhere to our new peaceful approach to hockey.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Starts at the top with Charlie Jacobs.

I heard he gets bullied and slapped around by the other owners when they golf together.

Give it a rest on the toughness. Regardless of your opinion the Refs ****** up that call on Quaider it has zero to do with toughness of the Bruins.

I can promise you if that was a Lucic or Brad or even Debrusk that Rask hit would have been a different result, period. The Ranger goalie would have left on a stretcher and would have drawn a 5 minute major.

That's what pisses people off

Reactions: GoBs

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I heard he gets bullied and slapped around by the other owners when they golf together.

Give it a rest on the toughness. Regardless of your opinion the Refs ****** up that call on Quaider it has zero to do with toughness of the Bruins.

I can promise you if that was a Lucic or Brad or even Debrusk that Rask hit would have been a different result, period. The Ranger goalie would have left on a stretcher and would have drawn a 5 minute major.

That's what pisses people off

They wouldn’t have called any Bruin on that it was clear as day he was knocked into the goalie

The refs did screw up no doubt on the mcq

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Only 4 Canadians on the roster.

What would you expect?

giphy.gif

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lou,

I had no issue with the Chytil play, zero. However, I still thought McQ going after Wagner, 1) While he was already engaged with Strome 2) For a collision/hit that wasn’t even dirty...

Was Bush league.

I don’t think McQuaid saw what happened he turned and saw the guy on the ice. He snapped and went after him. Stromes gloves were sewn on (one atleast) and wagners were off so McQuaid did what he’s paid to do. Unlike the Bruins who allow Krug, Gryz and Marchand to foght after a hit dirty or clean McQuaid did his job. No issue with it whatsoever

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
only saw the 1st so can`t comment on the rest of the game. Horrible about Tuukka. The PP seems to be a mess right now regardless where it sits in the NHL for %, guys floating around, no quick puck movement, fanning on shots consistently. This break has come at the right time

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Lou,

I had no issue with the Chytil play, zero. However, I still thought McQ going after Wagner, 1) While he was already engaged with Strome 2) For a collision/hit that wasn’t even dirty...

Was Bush league.

Agreed. McQuaid should have gotten a Game Misconduct there and Strome should have been in the box instead of Kreider. But the end result of a Bruin PP was the right call.

We weren't winning that game anyway. Enjoy the break and come back healthy for the playoff push.

Move on.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I swear half the posts in the GDTs are whining for powerplays and believe about 20 penalties are missed every game.

Remember when all the toughguys beat the crap out of the smaller Canadians during that one line brawl years back? We loved it. Habs fans whined. Now we have a guy doing his job in McQuaid and it’s a doosh move. If McQuaid was on the ice and was a Bruin and that happened and he didn’t do anything people would be screaming “do your job Adam why are you letting Donato fight whomever, step in”

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
This Bruin team is CHARMIN soft. Softest team I've seen iced wearing a bruins Uniform and Donato wasn't even in the game tonight.

Its been pretty apparent all season and last year in the playoffs that Sweeney has built a team, of soft players. He made an attempt in the off season to add some toughness and grit by bringing in Wagner, but its not enough. They get manhandled and are constantly losing one on one battles. Their easily forced off the puck, with the exception of the fourth line.

Tonight Wagner gets in an apparent altercation with Strome and then Mcquiad jumps in and comes to stromes aid and all the bruins just stand there with their sticks in their hands. Pathitic, no reason for it.
Welcome to your 2019 millennial Boston Bruins ...enjoy !
Hate to see when Chara is no longer here how this roster will be ?

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Remember when all the toughguys beat the crap out of the smaller Canadians during that one line brawl years back? We loved it. Habs fans whined. Now we have a guy doing his job in McQuaid and it’s a doosh move. If McQuaid was on the ice and was a Bruin and that happened and he didn’t do anything people would be screaming “do your job Adam why are you letting Donato fight whomever, step in”

LOL. You nailed it. Shockingly, there's a bit of a double standard on this board when it comes to what Bruin players can/should do and what other teams can/should do. (Hard to believe, I know).

My favorite is when we then slam the Leafs fans for their double standard.......Its like we have a double standard on double standards......

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Oh we’d be roasting the hell out of them for saying half the shit that gets said around here these days. Yes he should have got a 3rd man in for that but boo hoo, we earned that loss, no question. The outrage over it and shots on his character? Give me a break.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've seen the Bruins do what McQuaid does plenty of times. Bruins should expect that to happen with McQuaid on the ice. So his jumping in and pounding someone is just par for the course

the Great Fight Debate crowd would insist that players wouldn`t dare try anything with a guy like Quaider on the ice:popcorn:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
And to complaining about Chytil crashing the net “too hard”. What the Bell happened to this place?

In my defense, that overhead view from Maria Molinar changes things drastically for me.

I'm still salty over the coaches and their team's reactions all game last night.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad