Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - B's Power Play goes on break a game early - NY Rangers 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
838ab9f9b3ebe0a9d40765b963cd49e51bf729c27f3900d30ac887a833cacb73.jpg

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It wasn't a fight it was a monster attacking a guy half his size and beating him down. McQuaid was the third man in and he attacked Wagner without realizing that it was a clean hit and that the other Ranger was engaging Wagner. What right did McQ have in getting in between. It was an outweighed unfair fight. I'm ashamed to say that I used to think McQ was more than a goon but after tonight I can see what he is. Someone mentioned that the TML may acquire McQuaid because he can do what he did tonight. IF Toronto does acquire him it's season over for Boston either we don't make the playoffs or get Toronto in the first round and get bent over !

Mcquaid should be throwing those punches wearing a Bruins Jersey on. Its our fault (well Sweeney Charlie's and Neelys)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It wasn't a fight it was a monster attacking a guy half his size and beating him down. McQuaid was the third man in and he attacked Wagner without realizing that it was a clean hit and that the other Ranger was engaging Wagner. What right did McQ have in getting in between. It was an outweighed unfair fight. I'm ashamed to say that I used to think McQ was more than a goon but after tonight I can see what he is. Someone mentioned that the TML may acquire McQuaid because he can do what he did tonight. IF Toronto does acquire him it's season over for Boston either we don't make the playoffs or get Toronto in the first round and get bent over !

Cassidy had every reason to lose his mind over the call. Just brutal officiating.

McQuaid is kinda unique in today's game. He sees a teammate in peril and it's like a switch is flicked and he just goes off. He doesn't even take a second to think about "who" are the two players engage, or even what occurred to begin the confrontation. If his teammate needs his help, he's jumping into the fray head first and guns blazing.

To be honest I kinda love that part about him, but there are situations like we saw last night where it can kinda back-fire as well. He was easily 3rd man in.

I think calling him a goon is a disservice to him. A goon to me defends his teammates but also goes around trying to stir the pot and egg guys on because he knows the ONLY thing he can do at the NHL level is punch guys in the face. That's not McQuaid.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This game sucked. Team is inconsistent and the roster is flawed, IMO. The break will be good for some of our players still healing. We need help up front to have a chance this year. Management needs to get it done.

That looked really bad for Rask, he got absolutely rocked. If that’s a quick recovery and he bounces right back to this level of play we would be extremely lucky. Halak’s miracle run appears to be over so if there’s a chance Rask is going to be out a while getting offensive support is even more critical. We’ve enjoyed having 2 goalies in the top 10 save%, that may be gone after the break and the offense will need to contribute more.

No need to freak out at anyone over what happened to Rask. Chytil wasn’t trying to steamroll him, he was doing his job trying to crash the net. Something we’ve been asking our own offense to do more often. McAvoy obviously didn’t mean to launch him right into his own goaltender, nor is he the first player to get reckless. If he launches him slightly differently and he misses Rask he’d be getting praised for being physical and punishing in front of our net. **** happens and he probably feels bad enough.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
The team needs a major trade to wake up the players, I said it a month ago that this team is not a cup contender so let's get some new players. Chara needs his ice time cut and we need to start seasoning younger goalies. I hate it when we read and hear that a big name goalie would look good in a B's jersey. It seems these big name goalies are over the hill and can't steal games. Get a younger goalie and let him make a name for himself.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What a roller coaster of a week.

Glad to have a break from watching this team TBH.

So damn frustrated.

Not sure if they’re overachievers, underachievers or this is what they are.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Exactly; I've lost all respect for him after last night. It felt as though he was angrier at the situation and wanted to just beat up on the Bruin logo and was looking to hurt someone. He's dead to me!

This board is hilarious. Reverse the situation and he is still in Boston and sticks up for a teammate. All the chat would be how this team sticks together, great chemistry, awesome of quaider to do it,....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The team needs a major trade to wake up the players, I said it a month ago that this team is not a cup contender so let's get some new players. Chara needs his ice time cut and we need to start seasoning younger goalies. I hate it when we read and hear that a big name goalie would look good in a B's jersey. It seems these big name goalies are over the hill and can't steal games. Get a younger goalie and let him make a name for himself.

Where do you read or hear that? Are you reading a sports page from 1999?

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I'm still pissed about the officiating. The NHL sets rules for referees to enforce, not work their way around. Who cares if Mcquaid got fined for a fight under 5 minutes. THAT IS WHAT IT WAS. So call it as the play happened, not because the refs don't want Mcquaid to get fined. They called the Chara puck in the stands by the letter of the law, call the 3rd man in and fight like it should have been. And Strome by the way had Wagner in a head lock when Wagner dropped the gloves and Strome didn't. He also should have had a roughing minor for being a fake tough guy.

Good on Wags too who knew he was out classed but still hung in there a took a few from the 3rd guy in. BUT why was no one on the ice going after Strome and challenging him and giving him a beating.

MSG view shows clearly how Wagner was clearly engaged with Strome.

Fight: McQuaid Battles Wagner - MSGNetworks.com

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This board is hilarious. Reverse the situation and he is still in Boston and sticks up for a teammate. All the chat would be how this team sticks together, great chemistry, awesome of quaider to do it,....

From celebrating Marchand turtleing against Eller to the whining that Mcquaid is too rough. Its been a bad look lately

Reactions: Helistin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My son had a DARE basketball game and then a team dinner for hockey. I watched bits and pieces of the game, but need to watch the whole thing after I go out and snowblow (it’s still sleeting here) and before the Pats. A couple of quick observations from what I did see:

1) The sequence where Heinen scored highlights everything I like about the kid. Good D at the line keeps the puck in, fights though Skjei to go to the net, and uses the quick shot/release for the goal. The B’s need more of that from him.

2) I know it’s instinct, but Charlie needs to be smarter. Chytil has already scored and was on a path across the front of the crease (not into Rask). He doesn’t touch Rask without the CM hit. Anybody calling for retribution on a play caused by a Bruin player needs to smarten up.

3) Wagner and Fast collided. It looked accidental to me and Fast got the worst of it because Wagner braced himself better. I get that hockey is a fast sport and McQ probably didn’t see what happened, but the punch first, ask questions later mentality bugs the shit out of me. Lost some respect for McQ, not because he wanted to go after Wagner, but because Wagner was already engaged with the larger Strome, who is more than a fair match for Wagner.

4) Not that it would have mattered, because the B’s PP is awful right now, but the officiating was brutal from start to finish. Starting with Kreider’s uncalled board on Acciari and culminating with the fight debacle. The NHL should be embarrassed that they are paying these guys a lot of money to be incompetent.

More later after I watch the whole game.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
From celebrating Marchand turtleing against Eller to the whining that Mcquaid is too rough. Its been a bad look lately

I’m sorry, I know everyone likes McQ, but the bad look was him going after Wagner for a collision, even though he was already engaged with Strome (who is bigger than Wagner).

It was a punk move.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Yep, Charlie ****ed up real bad there. I bet Chara and the coaches both had a talk with him after that

Lets all put the rope away and not string up McAvoy just yet.
1) Chara got caught up ice.
2) Pasta was back covering for Chara on LD, which was good.
3) The rush at that point was a basic 2-2. That's a routine non-event.
4) Pasta gets easily smoked wide creating a 2-1.
5) McAvoy sees that and quickly comes across, albeit facing toward Rask.

There was a sequence of mistakes. I look at the below over and over and just see a split second collision.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lets all put the rope away and not string up McAvoy just yet.
1) Chara got caught up ice.
2) Pasta was back covering for Chara on LD, which was good.
3) The rush at that point was a basic 2-2. That's a routine non-event.
4) Pasta gets easily smoked wide creating a 2-1.
5) McAvoy sees that and quickly comes across, albeit facing toward Rask.

There was a sequence of mistakes. I look at the below over and over and just see a split second collision.

Thanks for that view. Can clearly see there was going to be no contact with Rask unless 73 pushes him. Can also see where 73 was trying to send the player, and it wasnt into Rask. Just misjudged and made a mistake with a bad result.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’m sorry, I know everyone likes McQ, but the bad look was him going after Wagner for a collision, even though he was already engaged with Strome (who is bigger than Wagner).

It was a punk move.

Matters not to me. All I saw was a bruin beat down again followed by outrage that teams are too rough on us .At the least the fans saw some action

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Exactly; I've lost all respect for him after last night. It felt as though he was angrier at the situation and wanted to just beat up on the Bruin logo and was looking to hurt someone. He's dead to me!

Oh stop. He did his job. Strome didn’t even have his gloves off.

Was lucic dead to you when he jumped komisarek from behind while engaged w Thornton?

No? Didn’t think so.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Cassidy had every reason to lose his mind over the call. Just brutal officiating.

McQuaid is kinda unique in today's game. He sees a teammate in peril and it's like a switch is flicked and he just goes off. He doesn't even take a second to think about "who" are the two players engage, or even what occurred to begin the confrontation. If his teammate needs his help, he's jumping into the fray head first and guns blazing.

To be honest I kinda love that part about him, but there are situations like we saw last night where it can kinda back-fire as well. He was easily 3rd man in.

I think calling him a goon is a disservice to him. A goon to me defends his teammates but also goes around trying to stir the pot and egg guys on because he knows the ONLY thing he can do at the NHL level is punch guys in the face. That's not McQuaid.

TYpical HF is what it is. When guys in black and gold do it it’s being a great teammate or doing your job etc etc...when he does it in another uniform it’s a crime again humanity.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Oh stop. He did his job. Strome didn’t even have his gloves off.

Was lucic dead to you when he jumped komisarek from behind while engaged w Thornton?

No? Didn’t think so.

I'm not complaining about what Mcquaid did, I wish a Bruin did the same. I'm saying Strome had Wagner 1st for a good 5 seconds, then Mcquaid jumped in. My point is make the right calls on the play, it's two fights a 3rd man in and a roughing. The only thing the refs did right on that was not call Wagner for a penalty on the hit.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm not complaining about what Mcquaid did, I wish a Bruin did the same. I'm saying Strome had Wagner 1st for a good 5 seconds, then Mcquaid jumped in. My point is make the right calls on the play, it's two fights a 3rd man in and a roughing. The only thing the refs did right on that was not call Wagner for a penalty on the hit.

Absolutely refs botched that big time should have been 5 on 3

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad