Post-Game Talk: GAME 49 - B's Power Play goes on break a game early - NY Rangers 3 BRUINS 2 FINAL

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I suspect Charlie was super amped for the game because it was being televised back to New York and all he thought about was the hit and not the aftermath.

Several players were flying out by private jet tonight for Turks and Caicos and there was a lack of mental toughness.

But this is the trend they need to address.

upload_2019-1-19_21-55-51-png.177625

Maybe that is just what this team is.Win 5-2 and then jam Acciari back in there though is just braindead

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He was half in and half out Alison. I haven't played the game in 3o years but I can tell you that you do know when you're on the ice that when someone has that momentum you don't hit him toward your goalie. It was McAvoys fault, in that I have no doubt.

Yep, Charlie f***ed up real bad there. I bet Chara and the coaches both had a talk with him after that

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Would’ve like to see that McQuaid on the savard hit....

Just an awful game all around. Dumb play by McAvoy. PP was a dumpster fire. Gonna be a good break.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What a POS that McQuaid is. As if 6’1” 196 Strome can’t handle Wagner, he gangs up on him. Real bravado. Good Riddance.
Exactly; I've lost all respect for him after last night. It felt as though he was angrier at the situation and wanted to just beat up on the Bruin logo and was looking to hurt someone. He's dead to me!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

What an emotionless bunch of zombies. Cassidy shrugging off Tuukaa's injury "yeah, he should maybe be okay in a couple of days if not....we'll see." BLAH!
And McAvoy, "I tried to cut off the pass and I guess, I mean I may have shoved him...I dunno.... it's unfortunate." Shrug........
I couldn't listen to the rest of the dribble, excuse making nonchalant blaise who cares attitudes.
Pathetic!

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I think they're kinda stunned (McAvoy especially), Tuukka going down like that took them outta the game, if he's out long term that could be the season -- they have to be thinking that. I don't think Halak can carry the Bruins the entirety of the rest of the season plus what ever playoffs they manage.

Thankfully it's a long break so hopefully Tuukka doesn't miss many games.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nobody blame anyone other than the team

The powerplay is ass

That entire second period was ass

Cassidy refusing to swap Bergeron and Krejci continues to kill me

Rask got trucked, which i don’t really fault Chytil for. There just HAS TO BE A RESPONSE. They laid down. I don’t get it.

Also f*** the puck over the glass penalty. Still hate it

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
This is on the coaching staff.
From the awful lines, to dressing acciari, to the ridiculous pp setup that everyone knows it doesn’t work but them.

They are either doing it on purpose so Sweeney makes a f***ing hockey trade that helps this organization or.. I don’t know.

Disgusting.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think Bruins fans need the 9 day break as much as the Bruins. I hope Tuukka is okay, that is the biggest concern for me. Halak is doing exactly what the Islanders fans told us he would do, so no real surprise there. I am glad he had the strong start while Tuukka struggled but now I am worried because I believe Rask has a concussion history too.

Now we wait....at least the banged up players will get a good break and they get to spend some quality time with their young families. Come back ready to finish the season well.

Happy Birthday to Sean Kuraly too - he has been playing so well recently, enjoy your 9 days off to celebrate.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Oh well, don't make the ****ing playoffs and fire Cassidy and Sweeney for all I care. I've lost respect for both of them and that mamby pamby bunch of figure skaters donning the black and gold!
This and hopefully a high lottery pick win are the silver linings in this season. Anything that gets rid of Cassidy and Donny I am good with.

Reactions: Strafer

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It wasn't a fight it was a monster attacking a guy half his size and beating him down. McQuaid was the third man in and he attacked Wagner without realizing that it was a clean hit and that the other Ranger was engaging Wagner. What right did McQ have in getting in between. It was an outweighed unfair fight. I'm ashamed to say that I used to think McQ was more than a goon but after tonight I can see what he is. Someone mentioned that the TML may acquire McQuaid because he can do what he did tonight. IF Toronto does acquire him it's season over for Boston either we don't make the playoffs or get Toronto in the first round and get bent over !
If Toronto trades for Q, then they are doing your team a favor. You’ll have no problem skating around him and transition will be affected. Remember why we traded him? He didn’t get better.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Nobody blame anyone other than the team

The powerplay is ass

That entire second period was ass

Cassidy refusing to swap Bergeron and Krejci continues to kill me

Rask got trucked, which i don’t really fault Chytil for. There just HAS TO BE A RESPONSE. They laid down. I don’t get it.

Also **** the puck over the glass penalty. Still hate it
I like how this post comes around full circle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad