GDT: Game 49: Avs vs Blues | 7 PM MT | January 22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Weird conclusion IMO, Roy is going to trust Z in the playoffs, but not while fighting to make the playoffs?

Not sure how that works lol

In the playoffs it is balls on the table.

Bigras will solidify himself with more games and prove he is capable of a handling a bigger role and it will open up a spot for Z to come back up.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
I just don't think the staff feels comfortable with Z in the lineup right now. He's still extremely raw and will most likely cost us a few games by making mistakes. He made two huge ones tonight by puck watching on the goal and then turning it over and being forced to take a holding penalty. Right now the team can't afford to throw away games because every point matters.

Bigras is just way steadier and plays an almost mistake free game. The Vlasic comparison by TMV is pretty much perfect. Pumped that he made it and is staying up!

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I just don't think the staff feels comfortable with Z in the lineup right now. He's still extremely raw and will most likely cost us a few games by making mistakes. He made two huge ones tonight by puck watching on the goal and then turning it over and being forced to take a holding penalty. Right now the team can't afford to throw away games because every point matters.

Bigras is just way steadier and plays an almost mistake free game. The Vlasic comparison by TMV is pretty much perfect. Pumped that he made it and is staying up!

How is playing Zadorov throwing away games more than playing Redmond?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In the playoffs it is balls on the table.

Bigras will solidify himself with more games and prove he is capable of a handling a bigger role and it will open up a spot for Z to come back up.

I follow you I guess, but that is third degree thinking. We've been slapped for thinking that many moves ahead in the past with Roy lol.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
How is playing Zadorov throwing away games more than playing Redmond?

Because what good does it do to keep Zadorov and play him 10 minutes a night? He's 20 years old and needs to play a lot of minutes to develop and learn.

EDIT: It's not just about this season. Roy has a long term vision and he's stated countless times that Zadorov is a huge part of the future. I'm not too worried about him as of now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They were never going to play both at the same time with EJ back. I said they best we could hope for is the kids rotating. I don't want to see more of Redmond either but it's just not realistic.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They were never going to play both at the same time with EJ back. I said they best we could hope for is the kids rotating. I don't want to see more of Redmond either but it's just not realistic.

Should be interesting to see what Redmond does now that he'll feel a little more safe on the roster now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very happy for Bigras. He has shown a lot since coming up and really earned his spot. Hopefully he's not on a short leash because he will make mistakes and have poor games. He just needs to be allowed to work through it though.

Pretty bummed for Zadorov. He isn't as composed as Bigras and doesn't have that high level hockey IQ but I still think he has shown growth since he was up earlier. He has made mistakes but a lot of good plays as well since returning.

If only one of them can stay then they made the correct choice but I would have liked to see Zadorov get at least one more game with a full lineup.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Because what good does it do to keep Zadorov and play him 10 minutes a night? He's 20 years old and needs to play a lot of minutes to develop and learn.

EDIT: It's not just about this season. Roy has a long term vision and he's stated countless times that Zadorov is a huge part of the future. I'm not too worried about him as of now.

Fair enough... I agree that he needs to play. I don't necessarily think playing him 10-12 minutes a night will torpedo his development, but I understand the perspective.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Stoked for Bigs. A little disappointed to see Zads go down but I think next year he'll earn a permanent roster spot.

I've watched every single game the Avs have played since Bigras has come up and I don't think I remember him making one mistake (nothing big at least that would really pop out). The guy is going to be solid. Our D is slowly taking form : EJ, Barrie, Bigras, Zads (for the future). It's really exciting ! How long have we had incompetent D :laugh: ? It almost feels like forever :laugh:.

Add to that : Holden is playing much better than last year and Beauchemin is a beast. I think all this is making the difference from what we had last year.

Hopefully this means a playoff spot ! :handclap:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
People should listen to Roy about Z.

This was made because Z can't be trusted with Redmond, Bigras can. Beauch-EJ is the top pairing and Roy is going to back to that.

Exactly. After the first couple games, despite Zadorov looking good and getting more minutes, I was saying the exact same thing (though recently I figured Bigras was going down due to TOI). Bigras is a much better fit with Redmond, and just more ready honestly. Been saying forever that Bigras would stick as well once he got his chance. Hopefully that will be another one I can shamelessly pat my own back for.

Way to go Bigras. You earned this.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Beauch had an awesome stick lift to allow that puck to get across to Mack.

It was mentioned a little earlier, but it was filthy. Without it, no way that pass from Duchene gets to MacK.

Every game it seems Beauchemin does something that helps us win games. It's not always a goal, but something not necessarily noticeable that is huge.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think the best part was the look on Stastny's face when MacK scored. It was like, man I've seen this before and I want to be part of it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the best part was the look on Stastny's face when MacK scored. It was like, man I've seen this before and I want to be part of it.

Funny. O'Reilly had a similar look last game when Beauchemin's shot went in.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Serious question, who was the last player to have success after being traded or let go by the Avs?

Seems like it's been a while, obviously O'Reilly and McGinn are doing fine on their rebuilding team, but...

Stastny, Stewart, Wolski, Downie..? Not many have went on to bigger and better things IMO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Varly with the pose and then he tosses the puck to the corner. My man.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Serious question, who was the last player to have success after being traded or let go by the Avs?

Seems like it's been a while, obviously O'Reilly and McGinn are doing fine on their rebuilding team, but...

Stastny, Stewart, Wolski, Downie..? Not many have went on to bigger and better things IMO.

Shattenkirk for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad