GDT: Game 49: Avs vs Blues | 7 PM MT | January 22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Gotta give Props to Roy. At the beginning of the season he looked clueless and wasn't able to implement a system that was effective. He's since implemented a system that compliments the players he has and they been streaking since. I was one of the doubters and didn't think he'd be able to do it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Gotta give Props to Roy. At the beginning of the season he looked clueless and wasn't able to implement a system that was effective. He's since implemented a system that compliments the players he has and they been streaking since. I was one of the doubters and didn't think he'd be able to do it.

The neutral zone play is better and they've started using shorter passes in transition. Holden especially has almost stopped trying stretch passes, which is great because he sucks at them. Hopefully EJ will cut down on them as well, because he's not very effective at them as well. Just skate the puck out or make a simple pass.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Only got to watch the first 2 periods and even though they were down 1-0, I felt like the game was far from over. Tonight's gonna be a big test, and I'm not tempering my expectations just because they've played a long game last night. The boys will come out to play tonight, especially EJ.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Freud, good call. Absolutely noticed Redmond willing to take a hit from a forechecker over the last couple of games. Seems Barrie pumping his tires about being a physical specimen at the gala raised his courage level. :laugh:

He has been willing to take a few more hits lately. Unfortunately, many of them he takes and turns the puck over. Baby steps I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We also should give credit to the coaching staff for the set play last night leading to MacKinnon's goal. Even the Blues announcers were saying how good of a set play that was. And who was the most important piece for that play? As some of you have mentioned here, it was Beachuemin's stick lift letting the puck cross the ice from Duchene.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Not to rehash a bad memory from the game, but I'm curious. Did the whistle ever blow on the disallowed goal? I never heard a whistle in the arena, and on Pepsi Vision the replayed showed the refs arms at his side, puck goes in, ref waves it off. I never saw him blow the whistle or even move his arms.

I understand the "intent to blow the whistle" rule, but you'd think if the ref had intent to blow the whistle, his arm would have moved towards his mouth. Maybe Pepsi Vision just didn't go far enough back on the replay, and it was a really quick whistle.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not to rehash a bad memory from the game, but I'm curious. Did the whistle ever blow on the disallowed goal? I never heard a whistle in the arena, and on Pepsi Vision the replayed showed the refs arms at his side, puck goes in, ref waves it off. I never saw him blow the whistle or even move his arms.

I understand the "intent to blow the whistle" rule, but you'd think if the ref had intent to blow the whistle, his arm would have moved towards his mouth. Maybe Pepsi Vision just didn't go far enough back on the replay, and it was a really quick whistle.

You could hear it blow, but it was definitely after the puck had been in the net (well after).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Whistle blew after the puck went into the net. Referee made an error

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
We also should give credit to the coaching staff for the set play last night leading to MacKinnon's goal. Even the Blues announcers were saying how good of a set play that was. And who was the most important piece for that play? As some of you have mentioned here, it was Beachuemin's stick lift letting the puck cross the ice from Duchene.

Am I only the one who sees the Blues player lifting Beauchemin's stick and not the other way around?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy's relayed explanation from the ref made it even more confusing. Said the ref blew the whistle because he thought the puck was in the corner. :huh:

Did he mean corner of the net? Like frozen up against the post? Why would the ref blow the whistle if he thought the puck was in the corner.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The only thing I can focus on in that video is Mackinnon and Duchene jumping into each other, and the Blues player laying down in defeat beneath a presumably red-faced Elliot's arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad