GDT: Game 48: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 4/28/21 8:00pm EST SN,RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Those aren't bad points but Bergevin is so bad he built a team that is seriously cracked at it's foundation......KK, Suzuki not close to their prime yet....Price, Weber, and Gally all past their prime ...That means the 5 most important positions on a hockey team are filled with guys that aren't in their prime.....I just don't think you can come close to a championship like that.........Last off-season was a nice haul of players to try and choose the all in path to build on what happened at the bubble but it probably can't save a team that is flawed at it's foundation......

We need a core of world class players all at their peak performance all at the same time.......
I am.... not defending MB. :laugh: Should've never been hired. Should've been fired years ago.

The question is, where to from here? I personally think there's far more talent than it's being given credit for. As a TEAM it sucks. But that's largely on the D. Fix that alone and we'd be infinitely better. There's a lot of talent up front and in the net.

One wildcard though is Price's concussion. Hopefully it's no big thing but if it is... then that's another big hole for us. I think he'll be fine. I'd keep him out until next year to heal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thicc Nick gets Habs on the board!

QUzNt6H.gif

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t understand how Staal was a 2nd overall pick. I get being slow but I don’t see an ounce of talent. Perry is slow but you see his hands and his intelligence. This guy has no redeeming qualities.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don’t understand how Staal was a 2nd overall pick. I get being slow but I don’t see an ounce of talent. Perry is slow but you see his hands and his intelligence. This guy has no redeeming qualities.
Staal?

Great player. He's just like 80 in hockey years.

I was fine trading for him. Depth move? Okay. Mentor? Great. But once he showed that he was totally out of gas that should've been it. He's been downright bad.

Reactions: dinodebino

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He’s like 95 man. He was a stud

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Perry has had some great moments this year but he looks like Staal the last 12 games

It just shows how bad this team is when he is playing a key role

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Staal?

Great player. He's just like 80 in hockey years.

I was fine trading for him. Depth move? Okay. Mentor? Great. But once he showed that he was totally out of gas that should've been it. He's been downright bad.

So is Perry and he actually contributes. Staal can’t even stickhandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad